1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Survivor Caramoan : OAD 5-8-2013 - "Don't Say Anything About My Mom"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by heySkippy, May 8, 2013.

1. May 8, 2013 #1 of 90
    heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    Poor Brenda, I almost feel sorry for her.

Honestly, I would not have given my reward away to the other 4. It was a terrible strategic move because it made her way more likable in a Final 3.

Cochran with his mother chitchatting about her flight and whatnot was great.

Anyway, finalé on Sunday, right? I would love to see Cochran win. At this point, I think any of them except Sheri could win it.

2. May 8, 2013 #2 of 90
    bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    I don't see dawn winning. I can see anyone else winning, including Sherrie. It feels like this is cochran's to lose though.

3. May 8, 2013 #3 of 90
    brianric

brianric Active Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Pennsville, NJ
    Brenda just learned an expensive lesson. Never give up in an immunity challenge this close to the end. I have the impression Brenda could have held out longer against Dawn.

4. May 8, 2013 #4 of 90
    BradJW

BradJW Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Houston
    I don't want Dawn or Sherrie to win.

I'd be OK with Eddie or Erik winning. But of course I'm rooting for Cochran.

I feel sorry for Malcolm though. I think most any other year, he'd win the fan favorite award. This year, I think Cochran is a shoe-in.

5. May 8, 2013 #5 of 90
    laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    Go Cochran!

Loved his commentary about his dad and about all the things that have happened in his life since he and his mom started watching Survivor. :)

6. May 8, 2013 #6 of 90
    JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member TCF Club

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    I definitely did not have the YES!!! type of emotion tonight that usually comes with a blindside. I know it's part of the game, and well played on the part of the others, but I totally understand how Brenda feels completely betrayed.

I wonder how that will affect her at final tribal. Part of me thinks that given a bit of time she'll see it as part of the game and not be vindictive, but there's another part of me that thinks she may just go all Susan Hawk on somebody (or everybody). I just don't see Brenda that way, though.

I AM beginning to wonder if Dawn will even be able to keep it together these last couple of days!

7. May 8, 2013 #7 of 90
    dfergie

dfergie Member

Aug 27, 2006
    Brenda was screwed either way, and I felt for and was rooting for her... any allegiance with Cochran is gone for me, I'd be happy with Sherri or Eddie now over the rest.

8. May 8, 2013 #8 of 90
    toddvj

toddvj New Member

Apr 22, 2004
    St. Paul, MN
    This. It was cold blooded what Cochrane and Dawn did to Brenda.

9. May 8, 2013 #9 of 90
    vman

vman Member

Feb 9, 2001
    Vienna, VA
    I agree, but think it was a much harsher move by Dawn than Cochran. Brenda was under the impression Dawn was her closest ally, they had shared a lot of moments together (the teeth, the non-family reward etc), and then Dawn betrayed that. Brenda was planning to turn on Cochran the next day, and he knew it, so I don't have any problem with Cochran wanting to blindside Brenda...

10. latrobe7

latrobe7 Just one more thing

May 1, 2005
    Orange...
    I agree. I think that was her mistake, not giving away the reward. I think giving away the reward was the right move, but she did not realize the target that put on her back. It was a great move from the jury perspective, but a threatening one for the remaining contestants. She should have known she would need immunity from then on.

I think it's anybody's game but Dawn's. I'm pulling for Eddie at this point. As much as I hated the conceit of the "cool kids" alliance at the start, he's been an underdog for so long I'm rooting for him now.

11. rahnbo

rahnbo Active Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Florida
    So did Erik get a coconut or what?

12. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    This.

For Cochrane it was a classic move, get out Brenda before she gets you out.

13. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I'm so confused about Cochran's strategy. Maybe he had Dawn in the bag and there was never really any question how she was going to vote. But if there was ever a doubt, or even just for insurance purposes, why didn't someone tell Eddie to vote for Brenda? You'd think Eddie would be glad to have anyone tell him what's going on at this point.

I don't have any problem with the blindside this week. Sure, it was cold blooded, but that's what you have to do to win Survivor. And I'm rooting for Cochran, so I was glad to see him take out his biggest threat.

Only problem is, Eddie has 3 automatic votes on the jury (Michael, Malcolm, Reynold), and given what happened last week, I wouldn't be surprised if Andrea would vote for him as well. So Cochran has got to be careful that Eddie doesn't win a couple immunities and sneak his way into the finals. Of course, Eddie hasn't done well in a challenge yet this season, so the chances of him winning two in a row are pretty remote.

14. Uther

Uther King of Britons

Dec 21, 2001
    Chandler, AZ
    Cochran is probably my second least favorite player left in the game.

15. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach New Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Drexel Hill, PA
    Nope, that tree was way too tall. Got pretty far up though.

What confuses me: He had plenty of food at the reward challange and then was ready to throw the immunity challange for food. Did he learn nothing from giving away his immunity idol?

16. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    I guess this is Brenda fans vs Cochran fans. ;)

I'm in the Cochran camp I guess. I agree with what vman posted. Brenda has to feel the most betrayed by Dawn, but Cochran was just making sure he survived. I don't think I've seen many take getting voted out as hard as Brenda did though. I think it's gonna be an interesting reunion show.

17. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    The jury is the point though. You can do great in the game and then get flummoxed at the jury votes.

Though, who does Cochran have from team stealth- Phillip? not sure who else.

18. BradJW

BradJW Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Houston
    Isn't one of the primary objectives to outlast?

Doesn't that mean voting other players off?

Isn't the objective of the game to WIN?

I'm not sure what is cold-blooded about voting someone off in a game where the objective is to vote someone off?!??

19. crazywater

crazywater USS TiVo NCC-1780

Mar 7, 2001
    USA
    Thank you. So she was shocked that she was lied to in a game where you advance by lying to people? Come on!