1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Survivor Cagayan : "Head of the Snake" : OAD 4-2-2014

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by heySkippy, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Apr 2, 2014 #1 of 65
    heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    LOL! Now that's a tribal council! Even though I think LJ was dumb to give his idol up for Tony, I wasn't expecting the "other one" to be Jeffra. Glad Sarah is out, she deserved it for thinking she had the power. You don't get to be king just because you are pivotal in one scenario. I don't blame Kass for doing what she did.

That immunity challenge was made for Wu. How come he was the only one with footwear? I guess it's up to the contestants.

So, the new HII has "special powers"? I can think of one way in particular that it could be more powerful, but will save my speculation. I've got a feeling we won't have long to wait.

Jury started = new Ponderosa videos soon! :)

2. Apr 2, 2014 #2 of 65
    bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    Yep, that was one hell of a TC. When the first jefra vote was read, I thought they had played it perfectly. It would have shown Sarah that they didn't want her and would have cemented kass as one of the better thinkers (with spencer). When that last Sarah vote was read, my jaw dropped.

Not sure I get kass's move though. She is now on the bottom of her new tribe and all the folks she just stabbed likely won't vote her to win.

3. Apr 2, 2014 #3 of 65
    bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    I've heard rumors about what the new HII does. Won't say though, just in case.

4. Apr 2, 2014 #4 of 65
    heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    Kass can still be powerful. If we count Kass now with Tony, it's 5 to 5. Anyone offering to flip is now a potential power player.

5. Apr 2, 2014 #5 of 65
    59er

59er TiVotee

Mar 27, 2008
    New York, NY
    I believe if Kass stays with Tony et al., it is actually 6-4 (the 6 who voted out Sarah includes Kass.)

6. Apr 2, 2014 #6 of 65
    WO312

WO312 Active Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Finger...
    Yep, it's 6-4. And the five don't need Kass.

7. Apr 2, 2014 #7 of 65
    Azlen

Azlen Active Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Peoria, AZ
    Kass' move was completely driven by ego. She couldn't stand Sarah acting like the decision maker for even for a short time. It works against her big time in the long run. Her old group doesn't trust her and she's at the bottom of her new group. But if she manages to get her way to the final tribal council then she deserves to win because she's definitely going to have to outwit and outplay to get there.

8. Apr 2, 2014 #8 of 65
    InterMurph

InterMurph Member

May 22, 2003
    Gloucester, MA
    I think this eliminates any chance Kass had of winning.

I thought she had a better play here, given that she wanted to flip. If she had told Trish that they were voting for Tony, and Tony should play an immunity idol, then she could have eliminated Sarah without alienating everyone on her tribe.

But now everybody she betrayed is 1) pissed at her, and 2) on the jury.

9. Apr 2, 2014 #9 of 65
    dfergie

dfergie Member

Aug 27, 2006
    Bad move by Kass, but it made for an interesting tribal in which 2 idols were flushed ...

10. vman

vman Member

Feb 9, 2001
    Vienna, VA
    I agree this was a dumb long-term move by Kass, but I don't know that it was quite as easy as you describe -if she is too blatant about it, and word gets back to her tribe, she is still screwed. And neither Trish or anyone else knew Tony (or LJ) had idols. She could have hinted, but even if she did outright tell them, she wouldn't really be much better off - the Tony tribe still wouldn't really view her as one of them since she didn't actually vote with them - just blabbed because she disliked Sarah. Kass' problem is she is too thin-skinned. Let Sarah boss you around for a couple days, when you need her. The near-disaster at tribal would have helped put Sarah in her place. Then get rid of her after another tribal. Kass' team would have been sitting pretty, especially with both idols flushed out. But Kass just couldn't stand being slighted by Sarah...

11. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    This is how I saw it, but I wonder how much that was editing. They were really pushing the Sarah/Kass cat fight on us.

12. retrodog

retrodog King Button Pusher

Feb 7, 2002
    At the gun...
    Standard Survivor curse. Almost every time someone overplays the swing vote position, they get voted out. And she overplayed it extremely.

Great episode. Next week looks good too. Cat fights are very entertaining.

13. latrobe7

latrobe7 Just one more thing

May 1, 2005
    Orange...
    I'm glad Sarah's gone - she was personifying one of my least favorite Survivor contestant-types - the poor to mediocre player who suddenly thinks they're a genius and in charge because of a turn in the numbers. I think Kass had her pegged and was right about her own position in her alliance anyway. I think it hurts her in the short run, but there's a lot of game left she could come back. I don't really think so, though. I don't think she's been a very good player from the start, this episode will be her highlight of the season, I bet.

Interesting that the Brain-alliance vote was for Jefra, since Kass was so upset that Sarah wanted to vote Tony. Doesn't look like Sarah was running things after all. I think both girls let their ego get away from them this week, but Sarah painted a target on her back. That should be Survivor 101 right up there with "Learn to make a fire before you go on Survivor" - Never truly believe you are in control of the game - and even if you do, NEVER let on to others that you do! "Pride goeth before a fall" - Hubris is the number one indicator of who's getting voted out next!

14. Azlen

Azlen Active Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Peoria, AZ
    The pros and cons of Kass flipping from Dalton's recap at ew.com

Reasons to stay with Aparri
    1. Numbers advantage
    2. Pretty much a guaranteed final 3 with Spencer and Tasha
    3. Would be on very bottom of other alliance if I switched
    4. Staying loyal to tribe will play well later when they are on jury

Reasons to flip to Solana
    1. Get rid of Sarah
    2. Get rid of Sarah’s stupid smug face
    3. Watch Sarah’s stupid smug face as she gets her torch snuffed
    4. TAKE THAT, BEAYOTCH!

15. jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    Herndon,...
    Azlen hit the nail on the head :D :up: Well done!

16. Family

Family Member

Jul 23, 2001
    That was as dumb as any non-idol related move in Survivor history.

Let's see: "I'll vote with 5 people I've never even been in a tribe with (before the merge), instead of sticking with the strongest/tightest alliance within an alliance where there's numbers and friends.

She went from being in the best position of the game to perhaps the worst.

What a complete moron.

17. Anubys

Anubys KMT Soccer Playa

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    You were surprised? really?

for the entire episode, Sarah got the lion's share of the screen time and Jeffra got practically none. There was no way on God's green Earth that Jeffra was going home.

18. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    Sarah learned that the one who thinks they have the power by trying to play both sides often gets the boot because neither side can trust her. Bam.

I wish I could mute Tony.

I can't even remember hearing the name Jeffra before TC

19. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Geocacher

Mar 5, 2002
    Franklin, TN
    I think this was the first time I had ever heard Jeffra's name. lol

Great episode. I liked Sarah, but she violated the first rule of Survivor - Shut Up. Never be the lone stand out.

I have no idea what the new idol's powers are, but my immediate thought was like the Golden Power Of Veto on Big Brother, where the person holding can give it to someone else and both are safe from the vote.

20. InterMurph

InterMurph Member

May 22, 2003
    Gloucester, MA
    I had two procedural problems with the idols at tribal council:
    1. When Tony asked Jeff to validate his idol, he hadn't yet played it. I don't think Jeff should be validating an idol in advance of its play.
    2. When Tony told Jeff he wanted to give his idol to LJ, Jeff instead accepted it and declared that votes for LJ wouldn't count. If I'm LJ, and Tony is giving me the idol, then I want to accept the idol and put in my pocket.