1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Survivor Cagayan "Cops-R-Us" OAD 3-5-2014

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by heySkippy, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Mar 5, 2014 #1 of 32
    heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    I'm really happy the brains tribe didn't lose yet again. Kind of hated to see Bryce go, but would have hated to say goodbye to Morgan a whole lot more.

Tony is a guy I would get tired of quickly IRL. Gotta give him credit, though, he seems to be hustling in the right ways.

Shivering in the rain is the new sitting around starving. Seems like Survivor figured out years ago that starving people are boring. Are there no "tropical paradises" that live up to the name? I don't care if they stay in one place forever, but make it an interesting, pretty, place.

3 episodes in, I'd say this season is off to a solid start.

2. Mar 6, 2014 #2 of 32
    MNoelH

MNoelH McGruber

Mar 17, 2005
    Houston, Texas
    So how long has that guy actually been a cop? Paraphrasing here, but he said he'd been a cop for 13 years in a large city. Then he said he'd been a cop for seven hears and his wife eight. The only thing I can think is that "when we met" was edited out.

And how about... yeah, I threw the rice out and all, but I'm really hungry and I think we should cook what's left cause we'll be able to get more.

Can you imagine how bad Brains would have been had they not practiced? That was hilarious.

They all look so miserable in that rain. Pruned hands and toenails falling off is a little too much reality for me. Tarps were a really good reward. I hope it's an option for the Beauty team the next time they don't lose a challenge.

3. Mar 6, 2014 #3 of 32
    latrobe7

latrobe7 Just one more thing

May 1, 2005
    Orange...
    Morgan is hypnotic to look at but she is as dumb as she is hot. She is almost as bad as Garret was with saying the exact wrong thing while thinking she's strategic.

I'd like to see brawn lose next week, just to keep the tribes balanced. I'd like to see everyone down to 3 or 4 before the merge.

4. Mar 6, 2014 #4 of 32
    DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Sorry to see Brice go. He seemed like he could have been fun to watch. But of the available options, I'm glad they chose Brice over Alexis. I still want to get to know Alexis better even if she doesn't seem to be much of a player.

Jeremiah definitely made the right move. Much better to be part of a strong 4 at this point than being the swing vote to make it 3-3.

Glad Brains was able to come from behind. I didn't want to see them lose another player. Having the other teams have to sit out half their tribes in the next challenge would have sucked. But Brains actually got pretty lucky because even the "puzzle" part of this challenge didn't really require any brains to solve. It wasn't a puzzle. It was more about learning to work the ropes to turn the wheel just the right amount.

5. Mar 6, 2014 #5 of 32
    JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member TCF Club

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    I was glad to see Brice go. His exit confessional (or whatever you'd call that thing) was exactly why I can't stand people like that - catty and entitled. Glad he's gone.

Also glad Brains didn't lose again for the reasons stated above.

6. Mar 6, 2014 #6 of 32
    VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    Also glad he's gone. I don't care how dumb Morgan may be..... WOW :)

7. Mar 6, 2014 #7 of 32
    goblue97

goblue97 Welcome Home, Jimmy!

May 12, 2005
    Michigan
    On his exit from tribal council, Brice reminded me of the gay guy from Revenge of the Nerds.

8. Mar 6, 2014 #8 of 32
  9. Mar 6, 2014 #9 of 32
    JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    He said he was a cop for 13 years, Sara responded that she was a cop for 7 years and then he said his wife was a cop for 8 years. He never said he was a cop for 7 years.

10. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    I'll have to rewatch, I also thought he said 13 and then 7.

11. dfergie

dfergie Member

Aug 27, 2006
    I still don't trust him (the cop) ...

12. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    I just re-watched it on CBS.com. He asked her how she could tell. She said she just knew and she says "I've been a cop for 7 years". The confusion is probably because it was dark, they were whispering and the conversation was CC'd. You can clearly see she is the one talking though. The convo starts at about 4 minutes.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/video/

13. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    +1

14. pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I think the real reason came out last night on why the Brains didn't vote out the crazy chick last week....The guy says "Rice is replaceable".

They know the producers are going to replace the rice she dumped so there really are no repricussions for her actions.

15. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    Why would they think the producers will replace the rice? I don't see that happening before they've suffered considerably.

16. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    The only time Jeff has EVER given extra rice to a tribe who was starving was when they had to trade something considerable for it...

And then, only after having them suffer considerably before offering it...

Survivor seems to have gotten softer over the years though... We'll see what happens... I don't see the massive weight loss of the past...and they seem to provide fire pretty quickly to the tribes...

17. pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    Oh we won't hear about it but I would bet money that rice will be replaced. Survivor is not about starving anymore.

18. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Geocacher

Mar 5, 2002
    Franklin, TN
    Regarding replacing the rice, Jeff said:

19. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    And you shouldn't. He even said so multiple times in his confessionals. He said he doesn't trust Sarah, and she shouldn't trust him. Conversely, it sure seemed like Sarah was all in on trusting him.

20. stellie93

stellie93 Active Member

Feb 25, 2006
    When the Brains were doing the challenge, it seemed to me that the guy and the first girl were doing pretty well, and then rice girl would spill some and toss the rest wildly away. I would definitely get rid of her at the next opportunity, and in the meantime, I'd say her share of the rice is over there in the fire pit. She can quit if she's too hungry. :(