1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Survivor - Blood vs Water : OAD 10-23-2013

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by heySkippy, Oct 24, 2013.

1. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    Color me happy that Brad is gone. When I saw the challenge had a balance beam + puzzle I figured Laura was a shoe-in for the win. Of course, the puzzle itself wasn't very puzzling, but she killed them on the balance beam so it didn't matter. What the heck was that little bit of poetry from Brad? Sail hard?

I can't believe the mistake Tina and Laura made with the basket. That just makes no sense at all. We know the teams are given a LOT of briefing about how the challenge works that we never see, but they looked completely baffled as they came out of the water. It was nice that they came back to make a contest of it, but they really deserved to lose that one.

And Cat, what the hell was she thinking? She talked herself right out of the game. They never learn.

It's a fun season!

2. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I thought after that mistake with the basket that Tina was going home. She was also on the puzzle that they couldn't quite solve in time. Twice she kept jumping up and down and not waiting to hear if it was right. And it wasn't. If her daughter had been on the other team I would have suspected her of losing on purpose.

Cat really did get herself voted out. Not just for what was said at the camp but definitely at tribal. I think if she said "I love you guys" one more time I would have gagged. She won't last at Redemption.

3. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    And then at redemption she says she hopes Hayden doesn't dump her because she didn't make it to the merge. Does she think he only likes her because she's been on Survivor or something?

4. TampaThunder

TampaThunder Active Member

Apr 8, 2003
    Tampa, FL
  5. zordude

zordude WDW Fan TCF Club

Sep 23, 2003
    Malden, MA
    Not one but TWO premature celebrations. Idiots.

6. pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    Couple of thoughts:

1. That RI "puzzle" was stupid. Why would they put 1-10 in the same bag and then 11-20 in the same bag, etc...why wouldn't you randomly dispurse the numbers?

2. Tina is utterly useless on this show (or at least that we've seen). Good thing she was smart and started an alliance early (even before the show started, I've heard).

3. I'm loving that everybody is sooooo afraid of the immunity idol

4. Poor Vytas with a tribe of 5 women. Good/lucky for him that Kat inploded!

7. Anubys

Anubys KMT Soccer Playa

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    wouldn't it have been faster to put the puzzle together and then put it in through the holes? it seems that too much time was wasted taking the pieces in and out...

8. TomK

TomK Active Member

May 22, 2001
    Huntsville,...
    Like you, I was thinking 'do it on the ground first' and then insert the pieces in the vertical frame.

9. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Exactly what I thought, as well. Way easier to see how it all fits together on the ground and then just insert it in order.

Kat was really stupid here. Same mistake Brad made. Trying to worry about strategy too early, when instead she should have simply been happy to be in a strong alliance. I guess it shows how poor she is as a player that she tried to put all the focus on Monica and it all came back on her. Clearly she didn't know her place in the alliance.

10. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    Yea I think Kat's biggest mistake is where she stood within her alliance. I think Monica was the leader of that alliance, Kat was probably on the bottom so it was easy to cut her loose and keeping their team stronger for the challenges.

11. Squeak

Squeak An Inert Gas

May 12, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    Maybe they were not allowed?

12. DevdogAZ

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Kat didn't realize that she was in an aliance with three older ladies and the daughter of one of those ladies. She had no chance. Also funny that in the one individual interview with her, she said Monica has to learn how to play Survivor and shut it. Then it was Kat's big mouth that got her tossed out of the game. Ha

I was really impressed with Vytas realizing that he needed to appear vulnerable to get in good with the women. That really won him some points. Don't know how much that helped vs. Kat imploding, but it sure seemed like they had no problem switching to vote Kat out. Plus, It would have been a really bad idea to get rid of Vytas when he's the only real physical strength they have for challenges.

13. goblue97

goblue97 Welcome Home, Jimmy!

May 12, 2005
    Michigan
    I think the puzzle pieces were shaped to only fit a certain way but the picture could have been completed in multiple ways. So even though the picture may have looked correct on the ground, it may not have fit in the "connect four" thing. I hope that makes sense.

14. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    I think the one tribe thought they found 2 of the other ways!! Actually if it was made to fit in certain slots would you be able to make it any other way?

15. Anubys

Anubys KMT Soccer Playa

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    I felt really sorry for Kat. What makes someone have such low self-esteem? as someone with a daughter, I would feel like a complete failure if I heard her say what Kat said about her boyfriend.

16. DevdogAZ

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I have to say I was loving Tyson in this episode. He's hilarious and constantly making little cracks just to see how people will react. You could tell Hayden was getting pissed about Tyson eating all the food, but to Hayden's credit, he kept his mouth shut. I also liked how Tyson was starting to build the sentiment against Aras. He wasn't being as blatant about it as what Kat did, but he was slowly trying to get the attitude of the team to turn against Aras, so that when the time comes, they'll be more receptive to the idea of voting him out.

17. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    While the ladies are busy nesting & syncing their cycles Vytas should slip out and hunt down that HII, because he is definitely gonna need it pretty soon. :p

18. late for dinner

late for dinner Past Expiration Date

May 17, 2013
    Colorado...
    I really laughed when he was ripping Aras when Aras was chopping down the tree.

19. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    So can someone explain to me why they keep burning the clues to the II? Has it become THAT toxic? Is Probst and gang going to have to rethink having it in the game anymore? I swear I think Jeff looks really pissed every time they throw the clue in the fire. Like they've messed with his game.