1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Survivor - 9/25/2013 *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by DevdogAZ, Sep 25, 2013.

1. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Man, I was hoping the returning players would lose so they could vote Colton out.

And why do they always vote out the hot chicks early in the game?

2. Howie

Howie Out of Pocket TCF Club

May 3, 2004
    San Antonio
    Those are my 2 top complaints, too.

3. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    Buh bye Rupert. Gonna win week after week huh? :p

Nice to see that Colton was able to change ... for a couple of days. Everybody seems to be on to him - I hope. But I was also bummed that they got immunity so they couldn't vote him out yet. But I think his time will come soon.

4. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    Colton is a waste of air.

Glad to see both Candice and Marissa win at the RI. Candice was awesome.

5. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    So glad Rupert is gone, can't stand the sound of his voice. Colton... well my God he's a POS. Sick of Culpepper too (Brad). Jeff was right, giving the opportunity for the person sent to RI to switch with his/her "loved one" adds a layer to the voting process. And while I hate RI I do like that twist. But pretty soon there won't always be a loved one around to switch with as people start being eliminated off RI.

6. late for dinner

late for dinner Past Expiration Date

May 17, 2013
    Colorado...
    yea, the twist this year really changes strategy, I like it.

7. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I am rooting for Aras.

8. jr461

jr461 Active Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Northern NJ
    I didn't think I would like the premise going in but hadn't thought about the additional layer of strategy that surfaced last night.

I thought the tribes should be a mix of returning and new players but perhaps they assume this will happen via returning players swapping out for loved ones (as Rupert did last week). Not so much for Gervase and his niece!

9. TomK

TomK Active Member

May 22, 2001
    Huntsville,...
    Colton is the biggest waste of a spot for someone deserving and wanting to be there. I really hate CBS for bringing him back.

10. DevdogAZ

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I was so glad when Rupert's stack of spools fell over. He was so stupid to stack them so haphazardly, but that seems to be the way he does everything.

But I do think his emotions are genuine that if either he or his wife had to go out early, he's glad it's him so that his wife can actually get a chance to play the game.

11. dirtypacman

dirtypacman Coming and going

Feb 3, 2004
    MA
    It is frustrating to watch a guy like Colton play survivor. You would hope CBS would listen to the viewers saying we don't want that kind of person playing but they have ratings to keep and dislike can equal watchers as much as liking players does.

I am from the same camp as not liking the RI portion of the game but with the twist on it this year it certainly makes it more interesting.

Can't get upset with Rupert leaving, he basicaly dug his own grave this game. I don't expect his wife to make the merge either so there goes that chance. Honestly I did not want to see either of them playing the game anyhow.

Not a bad start for the season that I was dreading having to watch so far. lol

12. DreadPirateRob

DreadPirateRob Seriously?

Nov 11, 2002
    SoCal
    This and this. I was really hoping for the returnees to lose so Colton would be gone. At least Candice won the RI challenge so she'll stick around a little longer. Unfortunately, she's boring so she won't get much screen time until the next RI challenge rolls around.

I do like the added wrinkle to the voting strategies that having loved ones on the other side adds in. Makes every vote have so many extra potential ramifications to work though.

13. DevdogAZ

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    In that nighttime scene of the returning players, what was up with Tyson and Aras basically snuggling? Aras was sitting between Tyson's legs and Tyson had his hands on Aras' chest. WTF?

14. late for dinner

late for dinner Past Expiration Date

May 17, 2013
    Colorado...
    that was weird

15. Martha

Martha Member

Oct 6, 2002
    South Carolina
    COMPLETELY weird!!! We actually rewound, paused, and my husband and I were both WTH? It was beyond words weird.

16. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    I guess I shouldn't have been Candy Crushing while I was watching! I totally missed that. :)

17. gweempose

gweempose Active Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    Thank God Rupert is gone! He made a rash, stupid decision on day one, and he deserved to be out of the game first because of it.

Didn't notice that thing with Tyson and Aras. Sounds bizarre.

18. jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    Herndon,...
    I hope that's the last we see of Rupert.

I'm also thankful that the tribe of returning players are wise to Colton's game and seem like they'll have none of it. :up:

Did that dude even look for the idol? The clue seemed pretty specific. I wonder why they didn't show more of that?

19. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Ratings are down from last year, I think the lowest for a Survivor premiere ever, so maybe CBS will listen about bringing back the Colton types of the game.

I'm kinda liking the you can switch with your loved one rule. But, I still hate RI. I think the other twist the kind of gets overlooked is that if you switch with your loved one, you go to loved one's tribe, which means the tribes over time will get shuffled somewhat.

Still not digging this season really. I'm not all that thrilled with the choice of returnees (or bringing back returnees to begin with). I also don't like them combining reward and immunity competitions either. I'll still watch as I always do. Maybe it will get better.