1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Survivor - 5/9/12

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by VegasVic, May 9, 2012.

1. May 9, 2012 #1 of 62
    VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    Seemed pretty easy to tell Tarzan was going the way this one was edited, IMO.

I'll be glad when this season is over. Other than eliminating RI this season has been horrible.

2. May 9, 2012 #2 of 62
    Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    I think Kim has it. HII to final 4 and then one more challenge to win and there you go winner winner chicken dinner.

3. May 9, 2012 #3 of 62
    Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    So I catch the end of survivor as my wife and wait for Criminal Minds to come on, and occasionally watch the end minutes of Survivor. Last week I was laughing because the one chick kept writing off her stupidity to her just being young. What an idiot.

This week, when the old dude said no one gets him because he put the chick's panties on his head, I about peed myself I was laughing so hard. Who was that dude? What's his deal?

4. May 9, 2012 #4 of 62
    LordKronos

LordKronos New Member

Dec 28, 2003
    Thank god Tarzan is gone. The prospect of a Tarzan/Christina/Alicia final was frighteningly real. At least at this point, we are guaranteed that one of Kim/Sabrina/Chelsae will be in the final, and I can live with any of them winning.

5. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Really? Now that Tarzan is gone, I find myself not really caring who wins. At least if he was there, there would be some drama at the finals.

6. jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    Herndon,...
    "Tarzan" is a plastic surgeon who is pretty smart, rich and also a little off-kilter. The recent behavior (panties on head) is probably an effort to appear annoying/unlikeable so that the women will want to take him to the final three (assuming they'll think that no one will vote for the annoying old guy). But since the jury is mostly men and he's the only man left, that was too big a risk to take.

Loved Kat's reaction to Tarzan's fashion statement. Tears over the fact that her panties lasted longer in Survivor than she did :p

7. flyers088

flyers088 tcf junior member

Apr 18, 2005
    Pennsylvania
    I think Kim is an OK player, but it is really hard to gauge how she ranks in the overall Survivor best players because she is playing this game with a group of idiots. I know there have been bad players before each year, but this year you have almost every player who is a complete moron.

I really think each one of the final five think they are in control and don't realize they have no control at all and are just being played by Kim.

Even her BFF Chelsea thinks Kim is going to take her to the end and sit with her at the jury and if I am Kim there is no way I am taking her when you have 3 complete morons who deserve no votes to choose from at the end.

8. Fool Me Twice

Fool Me Twice >>>>>>

Jul 6, 2004
    This about sums it up for me, though I'd call her at least a good player, rather than just OK. She's stayed likeable, performed well in comps, achieved and maintained social dominance, and controlled and manipulated other players--all the things a good player should do.

9. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    I agree with Dalton putting this near the bottom on his season rankings.

10. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I've really enjoyed this season. Don't understand the complaints. Sure, most of the players are morons, but morons can be entertaining, too.

So glad they decided to vote off Tarzan. Alicia and Christina really made the wrong decision there if they wanted to get to the end, but I am very glad Chelsea is still in the game. It's pretty impressive how savvy Kim has been at sniffing out potential threats and then cheerfully manipulating them to vote the way she wants.

11. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    The problem is that this season has just been the Kim show and she's not that likeable (IMO). Everything's gone her way, the only real power struggle was when Troyzan tried to reason with the bottom-rung players.

Yes, there have been other seasons with dominating players (like firefighter Tom Westman), but they've generally been more likeable. And in most seasons, there are some interesting shifts in the tribes' moods and leaders.

12. Necromancer2006

Necromancer2006 New Member

Jan 26, 2008
    I'm extremely skeptical that's what brought Kat to tears. I would bet it had to do with a discussion about the previous TC where instead of voting out the last guy, they turned on and voted out a woman instead.

Clever editing though!

13. martinp13

martinp13 YHTBMABIITY

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    Alicia really believes that she's in control of the game. Completely scary.

14. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    The only thing I'm looking forward to on Sunday is Kat questioning the final 3. That might be fun. Otherwise this season has been a major league snoozefest. I just hope the producers don't use that as a reason to bring back RI, the Medallion of Power, or some other ridiculous twist. I like the show as is. A clunker season will happen from time to time.

15. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    I hope Chelsea/Christina/Alicia/Sabrina wise up and vote out Kim next episode...
    Surely they realize that Kim would win all the votes from people who begrudgingly vote for the "best" player...

16. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    I couldn't find the Ponderosa video. Am I just missing it?

17. scsiguy72

scsiguy72 OTA Only..Free TV

Nov 25, 2003
    California Guy
  18. Necromancer2006

Necromancer2006 New Member

Jan 26, 2008
    it will be a great injustice if Kim isn't awarded the title - at the very least, she ought to be the people's vote for the 100k.

I wonder if she'll have the guts to ditch Chelsea and Sabrina and take Christina and Alicia to the end. Either way, unless she gets blind-sided going from final 4 to final 3, she should be the winner. Right now, I think the only one who is totally butt-hurt over Kim is Kat. I think the guys pretty much recognize that Kim is controlling everything and I hope they reward her for doing so.

19. jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    Herndon,...
    Oh I don't think she was crying in the jury box because her clothing outlasted her. That was a joke. I think the fact that she left all her clothing behind because she was blindsided and didn't bother packing, and seeing the clothing again and the people that blindsided her... that could have made her cry.