1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Survivor 12/5/12

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by bryhamm, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Dec 5, 2012 #1 of 83
    bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    Wow, malcolm has no idea how lucky he just got.

Probably the best move to get rid of Carter. Abi is in a good spot to be brought to 3rd.

2. Dec 5, 2012 #2 of 83
    Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    From the previews last week I thought they made it look like Malcolm's brother said something to jeopardize his game. I admit I multitask, so did I miss it or did the editors really fool me (as well as others)?

3. Dec 5, 2012 #3 of 83
    jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man-also

Sep 14, 2003
    Northern...
    I thought so too.

4. Dec 5, 2012 #4 of 83
    Turtleboy

Turtleboy Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 24, 2001
    Ft. Lauderdale
    I love how Probst hates Abi. She's not even a good villain because she's so self unaware. She's not trying to be evil. She's just mean.

5. Dec 5, 2012 #5 of 83
    laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    You didn't miss anything... the preview sequence stitched together the shot of them chatting with Probst before the reward challenge and then the scene of Malcolm talking on the boat after they'd already won and gone back to camp just talking about what a goofball his brother is.

The brother got like 0 screen time back at camp other than the 5 seconds or so they showed him talking about touching his nipples at a bar or something.

6. Dec 5, 2012 #6 of 83
    dfergie

dfergie Member

Aug 27, 2006
    I wish they would have snuffed her torch instead of Carters, Malcolm did dodge a bullet with "Blair" having a revelation thanks to him...

7. Dec 5, 2012 #7 of 83
    betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    Interesting that Abi didn't even really try to win Immunity challenge. Or at least try very hard.

Also interesting that Malcolm didn't pick his buddy Denise to be able to have her husband stay over. It was a smart move to give Lisa her brother but I wondered about why Skupin instead of Denise.

8. Dec 6, 2012 #8 of 83
    DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    She's definitely not self aware. At TC Denise said that Abi is causing all kinds of tension, and Abi gets this look on her face like, "Who? Me?" and says that she doesn't cause any tension. Can she really be that clueless?
    I think there are two things at play there. First, I think Malcolm realizes that Denise is well liked by everyone, is very well spoken, and would be incredibly difficult to beat in the finals. Second, Malcolm said in this episode that he was trying to reward Skupin and Lisa for sticking with the alliance when they easily could have flipped last time and kept Penner in the game.

I think we discussed it in an earlier thread, but with the jury starting at 11, I'm pretty sure it will be a final two this year rather than a final three. It's definitely going to be interesting to see how things play out, because with 5 left, Abi suddenly has all kinds of power to decide how the final four breaks up.

9. Dec 6, 2012 #9 of 83
    LordKronos

LordKronos New Member

Dec 28, 2003
    Yeah, you missed the fact that the previews blatently lie (and have done this for a LONG time). Remember a few weeks ago, after Skupin turned on Abi, and Lisa wanted to turn on her but still voted with Abi anyway? Remember the previews made it look like next week Lisa was contemplating remaining loyal to Abi? They played the clip where Lisa was just totally unsure and stressing out saying "Breaking up with Abi is hard to do"? Yeah, absolutely nothing of the sort happened in that next episode. It was quite the opposite...the usually-wishy-washy Lisa was actually pretty resolute about leaving Abi.

10. LordKronos

LordKronos New Member

Dec 28, 2003
    She's not clueless. She's just too honest. You know, she's totally honest. Haven't we just heard over and over from her about how nobody likes her because she's honest. You know, like when Abi accused RC of backstabbing her over secretly looking for the idol while the idol was actually secretly in Abi's posession the whole time? You know...honest. Honest, honest, honest.

WTF girl, do you actually need to be taught what the word "honest" means?

11. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
  12. LordKronos

LordKronos New Member

Dec 28, 2003
    I haven't had time to read a lot of threads this season, so I missed that, but that would make sense, and it would explain the thing I was just going to post about. We have 5 people left. Usually we eliminate 2 people in the finale, so that would have made the finale this Sunday (since I was expecting a final 3). But we actually have another Wednesday episode before the finale. That means the finale starts with 4 people. A final 2 makes sense.

So, options for a final 2. Maybe no matter who it is,they could bring Abi with them to the finale. Then, since the vote would a slam dunk (only Artis and Pete might vote for her, and I get the impression Pete didn't even really like her much...just tolerated her since it gave him numbers), the soon-to-be-winner could just use his/her opening speach to demolish Abi. Then the jurors could one by one use their Q & A time to simply demolish Abi (and put Artis last, so that by the time it gets to him he'll be peer-pressured into demolishing her too). Then at the reunion, Jeff could say "before I read the votes" and then just spend a few minutes demolishing Abi.

13. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach New Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Drexel Hill, PA
    Well, at one point last night Malcom said something like, "My brother talks a lot and his talking could jeopardize my game". Even though the brother never actually said anything bad I guess they extrapolated that into the preview.

14. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    I guess that was part of her master plan. After all she even convinced herself she had the idol, no reason to try to win one :rolleyes:

15. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    I loved that comparison too. :)

16. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Yes, I remember him saying that, and in the previews the week before (if I recall) didn't Jeff say something like one loved one will have a big effect on the game or something like that and they pan to Malcom's brother? Turned out it was really Lisa's brother who laid out the plan for Lisa to try and get Malcom out of the game.

Survivor used to be fairly good about not playing these types of games with the audience, but this year I noticed this has changed a lot. There have been a few of these misdirection games, as well as too many reveals during previews and commercials. I think it's taken a LOT away from my viewing experience.

17. stark

stark Member

Dec 31, 2003
    Eden...
    Lisa and Skupin were all ready to vote out Malcolm before he won immunity. Why didn't they vote out Denise?

That would take away Malcolm's biggest asset other than the Hidden Immunity Idol.

18. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    They thought Carter was a bigger physical threat to keep winning immunity. The only thing that I can think other than that is that they think Denise is less likeable to the jury members than Carter.

19. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    At least Lisa didn't tell everyone about her failed plan at tribal, I was almost expecting her to.

20. jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    Herndon,...
    So, was Abi's horrible performance at the IC all a part of her scheme to convince people that she had the 4th HII? :confused: