1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Survivor 11-28-12

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by brianric, Nov 28, 2012.

1. brianric

brianric Active Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Pennsville, NJ
    Abi won immunity - ugh!:mad:

Penner did him self in for not committing last week. :confused:

2. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach New Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Drexel Hill, PA
    Penner not only went out as the jerk he is, he wasn't even smart enough to pretend that the vote was for Malcom to try to get him to play the immunity idol. Glad he is gone.

I can't stand Abi, but she was the only one smart enough to realize there could be help at the auction and saved her money. Hopefully no one is dumb enough to believe the "second note" scam.

3. Turtleboy

Turtleboy Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 24, 2001
    Ft. Lauderdale
    It looks like I did post a spoiler in last week's thread. I apologize for that. Abi had written something on her Facebook page that strongly hinted that she was going to win immunity this week. I don't see it there anymore, so I guess they made her delete it.

4. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    Regarding the preview for next week:

What did Malcolm brother say?

5. Neenahboy

Neenahboy Statistical outlier TCF Club

Apr 7, 2004
    Arlington, VA
    It's amazing that Abi thinks this win will change anything. She realizes the jury has the final word, right? Or, perhaps not.

6. dianebrat

dianebrat I refuse to accept your reality TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    What I took from it, and remember we know they love misdirection in previews
    I took from it that he recognized Lisa

7. Kylep

Kylep Doomed! (DOOMED!)

Feb 13, 2003
    Des Moines, IA
    I'm not sure if I'm surprised she was dumb enough to put it on Facebook, but I knew there's no way she's not telling people close to her exactly how she did.

Sadly we might be past the point now where people care about voting her out. We're well past the point where they should be getting out the more likeable people.

8. Azlen

Azlen Active Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Peoria, AZ
    The title of this episode "Hell Hath Frozen Over" was a pretty big spoiler for me. I knew it had to mean that Abi wasn't going home.

9. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I can't stand her, but I do give her credit for the way she played this episode. Loved that she was pretending that she had an immunity idol. Sorry to see Penner go, I liked him. Malcolm did some smart move by getting a firm foursome last week.

10. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I wasn't sure, but I thought that, and then wondered why it would bother Malcolm the way he reacted.

11. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    How did he go out like a jerk? He seemed very ok with it and knew that he was the one to blame.

Yeah, but I doubt that she would have won something that not only had a clue to another HII (which she was trying to make it seem) but also an advantage in the IC. No way would they do both of those. One or the other, imo.

12. WO312

WO312 Active Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Finger...
    Absolutely agree. While I can't stand her, I give her props. She went into the food auction planning on buying help, and the immunity idol thing, while I don't think it SHOULD work, is a pretty smart thing to try.

13. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I agree, he seemed to know he played his cards and lost. I mean, he was whistling at the end.
    Right, there is no way they would set it up like that, but the other players don't know that for certain. She is just leading them to believe it. And in true Survivor fashion, Jeff didn't deny that the paper had two parts.

14. jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    Herndon,...
    Wow... second TC in a row Jeff is digging deep into the wounds of the players to get an emotional reaction (tears). I didn't mind so much with Abi, but I thought he should have left well enough alone with Lisa :mad: What's to be gained by exposing her personal issues outside of the game? I really thought that was over the top exploitive. :(

I'm glad that, finally, at a bidding challenge the people actually bid in a way that made sense. When people really wanted something they bid all their money. There was no playing around with low bids, trying to 'steal' an item like the last time they had bidding. Nope... just shout out $500 and take your food. (well... for the most part anyway).

Abi is still a jerk and won't win. And while she was smart in the bidding challenge (or lucky) she really showed her ignorance by thinking she could get away with a "there were two messages" strategy. And her lieing was pretty weak too. I only hope that at the reunion show Jeff digs a little deeper into why she's like this, and gives RC a chance to confront Abi without being interrupted.

At this point I think it's Malcom or Denise's to lose. I predict it will be Abi and Carter next (not necessarily in that order) followed by Skupin and then Lisa (if they do a final two).

15. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach New Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Drexel Hill, PA
    I believe he told them all to suck eggs on the way out. Definitely sounded like a sore loser.

16. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    Deneis?
    Is Penner dyslexic or just a bad speller?

17. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
  18. Family

Family Member

Jul 23, 2001
    If Mike & Lisa don't figure out to turn on Malcolm & Denise next week they are not playing the game. I know there is the idol to deal with & they'll have to figure the misdirect to get around that, but a final with Abi & Carter has to be to their advantage. And if they do it together they won't be weakened by jury votes.

19. Anubys

Anubys KMT Soccer Playa

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    I thought he was making a joke as if using the "deny" verb as in "she denies that she lied" instead of her name...I also thought he had the "suck eggs" line all ready before he even came on Survivor, as well as his exit song and dance and just performed them when he was voted out.

As far as the auction, I think they simply never thought in a million years that Abi could win a challenge, no matter what advantage she could get. I can't say I disagreed with their logic!

20. Family

Family Member

Jul 23, 2001
    I still think these things are in the bag. It's a show. What type of suspense would there be if tribal was guaranteed? Abi was tipped off, in fact she played the tip off ("Why should I eat? I'm going home next and will eat all I want.") with the same tone and bad acting that she used trying to convince everyone there was a second part to the reward. Then the challenge was the easiest ever (untie ropes) while the others are huffing and puffing with weights on them.