1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Surface 1/30/2006 (S01E14) "Episode 14"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by dswallow, Jan 30, 2006.

1. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    I did not expect a Tsunami.

Now I'm really annoyed there's just one episode left in the season. It's been moving at a really fast pace recently.
  2. bentleyml

bentleyml Unregistered User

May 21, 2003
    I really enjoyed this episode.
  3. JETarpon

JETarpon Active Member

Jan 1, 2003
    Anybody else notice that when Savannah said "Hey Buttwipe" to her boyfriend that her lips said "Hey A****le"?
  4. Test

Test Active Member

Dec 8, 2004
    yea whats up with that?

unrated dvd version?
  5. ScottE22

ScottE22 How YOU doin'?

Sep 19, 2003
    I'm so confused... Is next week the season finale, or the series finale? If "Everything. Will be. Revealed." Then what is there left for another season?
  6. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    So it's Super Miles to the rescue.
  7. atrac

atrac New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Yep, saw that too! The whole scene actually reminded me of the first "Spider-man" movie.

The fight in the parking lot was rather brutal.

Next week: "Deep Impact!" ;)
  8. kbohip

kbohip New Member

Dec 29, 2003
    Yea, I had to replay it to see what she said but that's what it looked like to me. Kind of strange for a network show for them to have said something like that anyway.

This show is crazy! They keep doing things I don't expect at all, like a tsunami. After next weeks "finale", does anyone know when the show will start up again. I'm definitely going to miss it.
  9. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    So . . .

That's the crux of this whole thing, a genetics experiment gone awry?

Did the whales/sea creatures cause the earthquake?

And, why is Rich such a dim bulb?

I can't wait to see how they tie all of this together. :)

10. ifyoubelieve

ifyoubelieve New Member

Jan 31, 2006
    The tsunami is going to wipe out all land living beings and every known species will now be able to breath underwater. Glad when it's over---so many dumb scenes==like why didn't Savanah grab a tire rod and knock that sucker out!!!!!!!
  11. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Next week is the season finale. We'll have to wait until the upfronts in May to see if it's getting picked up for season 2.
  12. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    At least now they're actually calling it the season finale.

I actually didn't care much for this ep. Rich was way over the top with his reactions, and Lee didn't react at all -- even for finally realizing "who" he really is. I dunno...just seemed a bit off until the last 20 minutes or so. Still a great show, though. But I could use more "pool" parties; I miss those ;).
  13. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    I was at least glad to see that Rich finally made it to the same state as Miles...this is the closest they've gotten since the chatroom back in episode 2 or 3...

But I thought that angry mob scene at Miles's house was a bit much.

OK, the father of the kid, fine. Maybe one or two others. But there were...what? a couple of dozen people in the mob? Just how did all those people get together and decide to storm his house?

And why didn't the police protect Miles? They should have stationed a deputy on each of the doors with a shotgun...
  14. BrandonSi

BrandonSi New Member

Jun 5, 2003
    My girlfriend supervises media buyers in various markets, and she's telling me it's not looking good. Personally I hope it comes back, but the ratings are not spectacular.
  15. Magister

Magister Fat, Dumb and Happy

Oct 17, 2004
    Why were Rich and Miles looked upon as bad when they responded to violence with violence? Rich should have killed Lee. Or at least taken him with them. Don't freaking announce to the leaders of the bad guys where you are going, then go... UGH...

Seems like this show says it is alright to be violent if you start it, but respond to defend to remove the threat, and you are a bad person.

WTF didn't Lake help Rich when he was fighting with Lee? The bimbo was practically hesterical...

Still, love the show. And now they say Season Finale instead of Series.

Totally surprised with the Clone angle.

And I will say again, I wish we had more shows that could run an entire season to show the whole story (kinda like 24, but dont' like it). This show was able to give us so much in the story arc.
  16. borther

borther New Member

Jan 22, 2004
    A hysterical woman standing and watching while her male friend/protector is struggling for their lives is such an old cliche. Next week she'll be running from the water in high heals and he will have to go back to pick her up.
  17. KRS

KRS Mmm...invisible cola

Jan 30, 2002
    This was a pretty good episode. When Richard snuck into that warehouse and you saw the shot of all the cryogenic capsules, it was like something out of the Stepford Wives or Minority Report or one of a dozen other movies. So if they have a sort of Noah's Ark going on there, what does that have to do with the clones? Were they suggesting that that company has cloned all those animals?

Interesting that Richard said Lee didn't even have a soul, but then he showed compassion for Daugherty by letting her go free. I wonder if he will start to go to the good side to try to convince himself that he isn't soulless.

I am concerned that the tsunami will be their half assed wrap up in case there is no second season. I don't want another Carnivale, where there is a little closure, but not enough to really conclude all the build up. Lee suggested that "Kessel" had set some bad things in motion (or something like that). I certainly hope the show doesn't just finish with a global disaster and not reveal what the master plan behind the clones and genetic engineering was all about.
  18. gastrof

gastrof Hubcaps r in fashion

Oct 31, 2003

I'm just waiting for gill flaps to open in his neck. :rolleyes:
  19. gastrof

gastrof Hubcaps r in fashion

Oct 31, 2003
    More like they've stored DNA samples from every living thing on earth so's to recreate them if need be...

Or use their genetic material to splice with other samples to create new forms of life.

I suspect "someone" knew the geological problem was building, and that one day soon existing forms of life might be wiped out, and new forms would be needed for Earth to remain a living world. (Like green lizard things that can live in lava?)

"Kessler", I believe.
  20. Magister

Magister Fat, Dumb and Happy

Oct 17, 2004
    Right, Kessel was the guy that found a new Smuggling route...