1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Support for 2 tuner units?

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by Austin Bike, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Austin Bike

Austin Bike New Member

Feb 9, 2003
    I have 2 2-tuner premiere units. Now that dynamic tuning is released, will the 2-tuner units support it? I don't care that there would only be 1 tuner left on the premier, I have an outdoor porch that I would love to have a mini on. Right now it has an old series 2 that is single tuner sd.
  2. Ben_Jamin75

Ben_Jamin75 New Member

Dec 18, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    A mini still requires a 4 or 6 tuner box as it's host, it can stream from a 2 tuner box, but can't use a 2 tuner as host.
  3. RonH

RonH New Member

Apr 18, 2002
    Didn't know that. I've got a 2-tuner Premier and I'm really only interested in watching recorded stuff in another room.

I wonder if I put a mini on my network of 2 2-tuner Premiers that it would allow me to access their recordings? Or does it need a compatible 'host' on the network in order to function at all?
  4. lgnad

lgnad Pantless Mofo

Feb 14, 2013
    Requires a host.
  5. RonH

RonH New Member

Apr 18, 2002
    Ok, thanks for confirming that. Guess I have an excuse to get a Roamio now since I only use OTA and had no desire for the Premier 4x units.

I had blown off the Roamio OTA as a possibility until just yesterday when I stumbled across the threads here discussing how simple they were to upgrade. Understandable why TiVo would not promote that in any way, but it certainly simplifies and accelerates my purchase decision!

I'm still half way through the threads hoping not to find that it was all too good to be true!
  6. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

It's true. Sell your two, two tuner Premieres if they have lifetime and pick up a lifetime Roamio Basic and a couple of lifetime Minis.