1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supernatural - "Man's Best Friend w/ Benefits" - 2/20/13

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by photoshopgrl, Feb 21, 2013.

1. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Well. First the bad. Wasn't thrilled about the sex scene with Portia and James. I get why they did it but I just found it unnecessary because we could have known that same information from the discussion she had with the boys. It seemed out of place for Supernatural. Not the fact that it was a sex scene but that it was between 2 one off characters and it went on for more than a minute or two. Maybe just me. Not trying to be a prude or anything.

Second. Did not love the astral projection thing. Isn't this something they would have known witches could do? They have come across many witches in the past.

Small details though. Overall I did like the episode. I LOVED Dean pretty much the entire time. He just could not stop thinking about her and James. haha! And we never got the answer to which came first, girl or dog. It will forever haunt Dean.

Loved the opening with them arguing over the Three Stooges. So brotherly. They are getting back on track finally.

And wow just when I thought it was just going to be a light, fun MOTW episode. BAM with all the worst hurtful flashback montage ever. WTF writers. It's like they just threw that in there to mess with us. "hey let's make them all cry"..... not cool.

And I loved the car talk at the end of course. Dean trusting Sam is good... but of course Sam is hiding the side effects from Dean. For once though, I get it. Usually I get so bent out of shape about them constantly hiding things from each other but here, I understand why.

2. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Sam was wrong though.
    Curly beats Shemp hands down.

It was a nice one off episode but I with them meeting the Golem and the "Rabbi" last week and the Witch and Familiar this week, I'm getting the sense of the writers laying the groundwork for a team here.

The Justice Men of Letters?

3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface New Member

Apr 25, 2005
    I wish my "*****" look like that :)

4. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Sometimes...

5. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Portia was smokin' hot. That's the only lasting impression I'll remember from this episode.

6. Lee 2.0

Lee 2.0 Hoopy frood

Jul 10, 2012
    Lazlo's...
    Sam is always wrong. :goDean:

7. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    [​IMG]

8. Lee 2.0

Lee 2.0 Hoopy frood

Jul 10, 2012
    Lazlo's...
    [​IMG]

9. sean67854

sean67854 Why?

Jul 11, 2001
    Wouldn't...
    Just once I'd like to see it where when one of them starts coughing up blood they turn to to the other one and say "Oh my god, dude, look at this!"

10. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    That is just not the Winchester way. They do not learn from past mistakes. Ever.

11. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Well, after all...doing things their way, the world is still here.

Several times.

What's the definition of insanity? "Doing something different and expecting the same result"?

:D

12. zordude

zordude WDW Fan TCF Club

Sep 23, 2003
    Malden, MA
    Last week was the hellhound hunt, not the golem.

I thought this week was ok, but I kind of figured that someone would know that Dean was a hunter (or at least not a Wiccan), but it never really came up.