1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supernatural 10/3 "We need to talk about Kevin"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by sean67854, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Oct 3, 2012 #1 of 84
    sean67854

sean67854 Why?

Jul 11, 2001
    Wouldn't...
    Starting this thread proactively for photoshopgrl. :D

2. Oct 3, 2012 #2 of 84
    Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    You cruel bastard, stealing one of the little joys of her life... :D

3. Oct 3, 2012 #3 of 84
    sean67854

sean67854 Why?

Jul 11, 2001
    Wouldn't...
    Hey, I thought I was doing her a favor. Now she can just come in here and type away without the housekeeping of creating a thread. :)

4. Oct 3, 2012 #4 of 84
    photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
  5. Oct 3, 2012 #5 of 84
    photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Okay since my thunder was stolen and I didn't get to post the very first episode thread of the season that I have been waiting MONTHS to post... I'll just go over here and attempt to type out my thoughts through my tears. :(

Coming shortly. Might be a book. I have many feelings on this episode!

6. Oct 3, 2012 #6 of 84
    photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Okay first and foremost. WTF. Sam didn't even look for Dean? Really? Not even a little? Not even for a day? That's not 100% OOC or anything. Something else is going on here. I don't buy it and neither does Dean.

Dean. Dean. Dean. Didn't we learn with the whole Sam/Ruby thing that hiding your monsters from your brother is not going to end well? Why the big secret anyhow? Like Sam wouldn't understand that Dean did what he had to get out?

I think both our boys have some serious PTSD going on. Just because Dean is the only one that spent a year in purgatory doesn't mean Sam wasn't suffering. I dare say this was just a fresh version of hell for him. He literally had nobody. NOBODY. I mean literally days after dealing with Lucifer 24/7 for months in his head to the point of sending him to a mental ward, and he's standing alone. I'm not surprised he clung to the first person he made a connection with. Speaking of, I was fully expecting to dislike her just because. I found I didn't. She wasn't in it long enough to have a real opinion but so far so good.

"I knew I smelled dog!" Oh Dean.

Sam giving Dean the burger was awesome. I was literally watering at the eyes over a flipping cheeseburger. Seriously?? That was the moment I was emotional?? I'm weird.

Kevin is resourceful as hell. I think he knew his girl's fate was determined the minute he realized she was a demon. The boy is smart. He's going to make a great member of team win.

And Crowley. YAY! Finally he's the bad guy! I was getting tired of them walking the line with him. Smarmy and downright mean. That's what I like. For some reason Dick just never pulled that off for me. Maybe it's because I just adore Mark Sheppard. And because "Moose!" "Pork Chops!" heh.

I'm sure I'll have more to add as you guys comment too. WHICH YOU BETTER DO SO OR I WILL FIND YOU! :D

7. Oct 3, 2012 #7 of 84
    Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    One thing (among many) that makes me suspicious of Sam is that he left his girlfriend and his dog and ran off to a cabin in the woods...where Dean was able to find him...right before Dean got out.

Seems awfully convenient, even for a Hollywood screenplay...

Kevin was awesome, in those 15 minutes before he had the confidence kicked out of him. :D

Obviously, there's a story with Cas. Is he signed for this season?

8. Oct 3, 2012 #8 of 84
    photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Yes! WTF was that. Was that Rufus' cabin? Why did Sam go there? How did Dean know he'd be there? Also who was in the shadows watching as Sam left her house? Lots of questions. Dean was truly broken hearted over Sammy not looking for him. I need that explained.

9. Oct 4, 2012 #9 of 84
    JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I think that you're right in that the boys are suffering from PTSD and for Sam, that started pretty much after Dean disappeared and except for the vet, he basically shut down emotionally.

I agree that there's more we don't know yet about what Sam was doing and Dean's deal with "Captain Kelly".

Still, it's a promising start to the season.

10. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    "Still"?

For me, those are some of the reasons it's a promising start! So much to unravel...

11. zordude

zordude WDW Fan TCF Club

Sep 23, 2003
    Malden, MA
    I really hope that Dean didn't kill Cas to get out of Purgatory.

The brothers have made deals with demons before as needed, but they never became all buddy buddy with them. I'm a little wary of all the "be careful brother" business between Dean and the demon that hitched a ride.

Sam and Dean are the worst "rescuers" ever. Kevin survived for a year on his own, then S&D lead the King of Hell straight to him.

12. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Pretty sure it's a vampire, not demon (observe the teeth)...

13. ehusen

ehusen Geek not Nerd

Jan 7, 2002
    Chicago Suburbs
    Okay, I have to ask, "When you kill a monster in Purgatory, where does he go?"

14. zordude

zordude WDW Fan TCF Club

Sep 23, 2003
    Malden, MA
    I couldn't quite remember what creature had those teeth in that universe, I just should have said "bad guys" in place of demon.

15. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Another good question.

Everyone is so up in arms about Sam not looking for Dean. I am too because it seems to OOC to me. BUT hello? WTF Dean HUGGED Benny, like REALLY hugged him like he would (and did) hug Sam. They called each other "brother". I AM SO NOT OKAY WITH THAT CRAP.

So yeah, IMO they are both acting way out of character and I have to assume that is not by accident.

Cannot wait for more!!!!

16. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Did they?

My impression was that Benny kept calling Dean "brother," and that Dean was maybe not entirely okay with it, but wasn't going to make it into a thing.

But yes, very strange, and I agree, very deliberately strange. There seems to be a lot of deliberately strange things going on. Dare I say, a season's worth?

17. sean67854

sean67854 Why?

Jul 11, 2001
    Wouldn't...
    First off, it's one thing to see a town you know the name of or have been to before, it's another to see the town you went to high school in, namely Fairfield, IA.

Has Dean ever really had a secret like this before? He's kept stuff from Sam, like what his dad said to him as he was dying, and the fact that he remembered his time in Hell, but I can't remember anything like this. This is obviously going to either blow up in some spectacular way, or Benny will unexpectedly come to their rescue at some point.
    I was going to call him Deputy Andy #1. :D

Sam needs a haircut, it's starting to look ridiculous.

I can't wait to see the flashback to what happened with Cas.

18. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Okay maybe it was just Benny saying brother but Dean HUGGED HIM LIKE SAM. Ugh. I just watched it again to see if Dean called him brother and that hug. The genuine smile on Dean's face. Ugh. Do. Not. Like.

Not that I can think of. And it's so Ruby feeling. Especially him hiding it, dipping off to make a phone call. If Benny comes to their rescue that will be even more like Ruby. She saved their hides quite a few times. Dare I say, she even helped keep Sam from losing his mind when Dean went to hell and he couldn't find a demon to deal.

YOU BITE YOUR TONGUE!
    It's fabulous!

[​IMG]

19. sean67854

sean67854 Why?

Jul 11, 2001
    Wouldn't...
    [​IMG][/QUOTE]

I have no idea why, but when I saw that pic, my first thought was Michael Bolton. :eek:

Yes, I do know he never had hair like that, and now he even has short hair. I did say I have no idea why.

20. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Where is that ignore button???

:D