1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Summer viewing

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Steveknj, May 14, 2012.

1. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    What shows that have been on in previous summers are you looking forward to watching?

For me...most of the USA slate
    Rookie Blue (if it's coming back...generally hate cop shows, but for some reason, I like this one)
    Big Brother (I quit on it last year because of Rachel, but will probably give it another shot)

Any new shows look interesting? I haven't started looking at that yet, but as usual, I'll avoid all the AI / DWTS clones and most other reality stuff. There was one, I think on ABC that looked interesting....where the contestants had to escape from some sort of bondage, I think one was on a ship, another from a prison cell (Alcatraz?)

2. Hoffer

Hoffer Captain Chaos

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    I'm looking forward to

Alphas
    Haven
    Tango and Cash (whatever that show is with the two young lawyers)
    that other lawyer show with the younger guy that can remember everything.

I saw some comercial for a new cop show on USA I think. I thought it looked interesting enough to check out.

I think another season of Teen Wolf will be on this summer. I don't remember loving the first season, but I think I'll at least watch the first episode.

Is Warehouse 13 on during the summer?

3. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    I catch up on stuff in the summer and will be watching

Treme
    Boardwalk Empire
    Californication

Probably some others but there are no real "summer" shows I watch

4. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    This begins the long dark bleak season of TV viewing for me. Aside from True Blood, there's not much before late August. I'm going to try going outdoors more often, I hear the graphics and special effects are pretty good. :)

5. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Suits?

Don't know for sure, but they've been rerunning old episodes again, so I'm thinking that's the run up to the new season. I'm glad they are rerunnig them now, as I screwed up my recording of last season's finale so I can finally get to watch.

6. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Is outdoors in HD? I forget :D

7. billypritchard

billypritchard Embiggener

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    I think we're going to start Breaking Bad this summer.

We don't watch any USA shows, so not sure we'll have anything 'live' on to watch.

8. Hoffer

Hoffer Captain Chaos

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    That's the one.

I remember last summer, Warehouse 13, Eureka and Alphas were all on Monday night. Eureka is on right now. So, I'm thinking Warehouse 13 and Alphas will be on this summer.

9. allan

allan Just someone TCF Club

Oct 13, 2002
    Mostly this. And I've got some old KUID stuff on my Tivo, and some DVDs buried somewhere.

10. DreadPirateRob

DreadPirateRob Seriously?

Nov 11, 2002
    SoCal
    Falling Skies on TNT is the only summer show I'm interested in. I need to get caught up on Breaking Bad (I've watched all of S1 and part of S2) so that I can start the new season in July. Otherwise, I have 22 episodes of Person of Interest and Grimm built up, about 10 eps of HIMYM, and about 10 of Once Upon a Time.

11. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I must have about 30 movies saved up on the DVR and a few DVD to catch up on. Summer is the best time to do this. Also have the first season of Mad Men to look at again, and see if I like it after not liking it much when I tried the pilot a couple of years back

And there's hockey until June and baseball all summer.

12. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    The Great Escape on TNT.

13. Jeeters

Jeeters Registered Snoozer

Feb 25, 2003
    PA
    Most looking forward to Suits. I really enjoyed that show last year.

Also enjoy Rookie Blue. Sort of a guilty pleasure.

I'll give Falling Skies another shot. I watched all of last season, but I think the only reason I stuck it out was I was desperate for any sort of scifi.

I also have all of the 4th season of BBC's "Being Human" to watch and season 2 of Downton Abbey.

EDIT: almost forget... True Blood in June, and Breaking Bad in July.

14. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    I forgot, I'll have the whole season of Magic City to check out soon enough.

15. Hoffer

Hoffer Captain Chaos

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    I gave up on the BBC Being Human after like 3 or 4 episodes this season. I had the rest on my PC, but just trashed them the other day. That show really tanked.

16. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    You're probably talking about Common Law. If you're interested in it, you should hurry and set a SP, because it debuted last Friday night, but you might still be able to catch a rerun of the pilot if you hurry.

17. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    • Breaking Bad
    • The Glades
    • Covert Affairs
    • Haven
    • Burn Notice

18. Hoffer

Hoffer Captain Chaos

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    After a google search, this is the show I was thinking of. The Pilot episode is on tonight and 2 other times between now and the second episode. So, I just set my DVR to record it.

19. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Oh, I forgot all about Tango & Cash (or whatever that Mark Paul G show is called).

I look forward to the Ramsay franchise, although I do wish that the Masterchef and Hell's Kitchen seasons were staggered. NFNS has just begun also and a new cooking competition - Around the World in 80 Plates. So far, I'm on board with that one too.

Also, 'Boss' is coming up for S02, but not until August.

20. BradJW

BradJW Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Houston
    Falling Skies
    Suits
    Franklin & Bash

Will also check out Anger Management.

And I've got both seasons of Game of Thrones recorded, but haven't watched any yet. Also just started to watch Parks & Recreation (I've seen Season 1 and a couple of episodes of Season 2). I'll have plenty to watch this summer.

The Great Escape also sounds interesting. I'll give it a try at least.