1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Summer update released yet?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by jcthorne, Jul 22, 2014.

1. jcthorne

jcthorne Active Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Houston
    Has the summer update (20.4.2) gone out to the general users yet?

I had a Roamio that updated a couple weeks ago and then proceeded to fail one tuner. Got the box replaced and the new one installed but the installation downloaded and installed 20.4.1, previous revision.

Funny situation is that our two Premieres are now snappier through the menu's than the Roamio.

I went to the priority update page and put in the new TSN just in case but the Roamio has not received the update yet. Currently all four tuners are working fine on this box, course my old box did prior to the update as well.

2. shamilian

shamilian Member

Mar 26, 2003
    NJ
    priority page usually takes 1 to 2 days.
    try to force connection after 7:30 eastern timer.

3. eboydog

eboydog Just TiVo'ing.....

Mar 23, 2006
    Some have stated they have received it, TiVo rolls out the updates in waves as having all the TiVos downloading at once causes problems on their side.

4. mcluvin

mcluvin New Member

Apr 29, 2014
    Did priority update page yesterday afternoon. Got the update this evening after a few forced connects. Now trying to update one of my minis.

5. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    I have a Premiere Elite and a Roamio Pro. On a scale of 1 to 10, rating responsiveness only, the Roamio gets a 9, and the Elite before the update was a 5. Now it's a 7. Nowhere near the speed of the Roamio. Much better, but not equal.

YMMV.

6. Fielding

Fielding New Member

May 28, 2010
    Thanks - good info

7. jcthorne

jcthorne Active Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Houston
    I think I was seeing the Roamio at its worst just after a new install, they take a day or two to finish indexing etc before they come up to full speed.

you are right, the Roamio with the old software is still a bit faster than the Premiere with the new version. Still trying to get my new Roamio to update to 20.4.2

8. monkeydust

monkeydust New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    I'd agree with that assessment.

9. DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Jupiter, FL
    This seems a bit odd.

I have a Roamio Pro, XL4 and 5 Mini's. Two of the Mini's received the 20.4.2 update a couple of days ago, but all of the other TiVo devices are still on 20.4.1. I've tried reconnecting to the TiVo service on the Roamio a couple of times but no update.

Has anyone else seen this?

10. monkeydust

monkeydust New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    My Elite and Plus have had the update for weeks now. I signed those and my Mini up for Priority as soon as the page was posted. My mini still hasn't gotten the update and I went ahead and signed it up on the Priority page again. Really not sure how they roll this update out but I certainly wouldn't have expected my mini still hasn't gotten the update since I signed all 3 up for Priority at the same time.

11. nycityuser

nycityuser Member

Dec 30, 2004
    New York, NY
    I did not sign up for priority on the update yet 3 of my machines received it several weeks ago: Roamio Pro, Mini and Premiere. I have had no issues with it and like the filtering on the Now Playing screen.

12. todd_j_derr

todd_j_derr Member

Jun 6, 2000
    Pittsburgh,...
    I got it on my Roamio a few days ago, do not have it on the 2 minis I use regularly, haven't checked the Premiere or the other 2 minis. I don't think I signed up for priority this time..

13. Jeeters

Jeeters Registered Snoozer

Feb 25, 2003
    PA
    I just activated a new Roamio back on 7/10. When I first connected it, it downloaded an update, but it was 20.4.1.

A couple days later, I found out about the Priority update page, and signed the Roamio up on it. And a couple days after that - probably 7/14 or 7/15 - the Roamio updated itself to 20.4.2.

14. joewom

joewom New Member

Dec 10, 2013
    All four of my minis were updated last night and only 2 were submitted for priority update. My two roamio's nothing yet. And both submitted for update.

15. monkeydust

monkeydust New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    I finally got my mini updated overnight.

16. tatergator1

tatergator1 Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    I'm wondering if this is deliberate? Several people reported issues with Mini's "forgetting" the host DVR and requiring you to redo the network setup on the Mini and re-assign the host DVR. Perhaps updating the Mini's first, and then the Roamios mitigates this problem.

17. joewom

joewom New Member

Dec 10, 2013
    Was thinking that last night but this morning still nothing on the roamios.

18. treaty

treaty New Member

Mar 1, 2006
    Premier here. Haven't gotten the update yet. I'm Getting promotional email from TiVo saying "you should have noticed the new look of our summer update by now"... But no, I haven't. Is the update still rolling out or did I get skipped?

19. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies

Still rolling out. My buddy in Montana where we are visiting just got it last night/this morning. He really likes it! He also has a Premiere.

20. Joe01880

Joe01880 I love my TiVo

Feb 8, 2009
    Boston
    Got the update early Tuesday morning. My Roamio Pro is working great although my Premiere does not seem "snappier" is anyway.