1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suits - spoiler discussion about this season

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by whitson77, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Aug 21, 2013 #1 of 166
    whitson77

whitson77 Active Member

Nov 10, 2002
    What a freaking joke of a season. Enough with all the betrayals. Every single episode this season, someone betrays someone else. Please get back to cases. This main Ava Hessington arc is out of control. Anyone else annoyed with this?

2. Aug 21, 2013 #2 of 166
    Beryl

Beryl Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Texas
    This was one of my favorite shows and I still record, watch and store it in my Plex library. However, I'm also a little sick of the betrayals. Mike/Harvey/Jessica/Donna and sometimes Louis are better when they work together against outsiders. A couple of episodes ago, I was hoping Harvey was pretending to betray Jessica as a way to get the Brits out after the firm has stabilized.

I do like Donna's new love interest and Louis' British counterpart though.

3. Aug 21, 2013 #3 of 166
    john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    If this is supposed to be a Season 3 spoiler thread, then it should specify "Season 3" in the subject.

4. Aug 21, 2013 #4 of 166
    Cainebj

Cainebj Active Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    yes - this is a pretty clear example of a GREAT first season TV show with Burn Noticitis - that didn't have a clue what to do with itself and assumed a main plot of Harvey having an enemy trying to take over the firm had to be played out over and over again for the life of the show. WRONG.

the worst part is how they keep having Harvey and Jessica go from partners to enemies within a couple of episodes over and over. zzzzzzzzzz.

i haven't watched this week's episode yet but the mere idea of
    them devoting an episode going back 10 years - do we really need to see Mike Ross as a frat boy pot head whatever wunderkind at whatever age he would have been 10 years ago?
    makes me want to hit the fast forward button.

5. Aug 21, 2013 #5 of 166
    Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I still like the show. Yeah, I'm not crazy about the plot line, but it kind of reminds me a little of Mad Men. I don't think it's jumped the shark yet, or even gotten close to shark infested waters.

6. Aug 21, 2013 #6 of 166
    whitson77

whitson77 Active Member

Nov 10, 2002
    I said "this" season. If that isn't enough for you don't come in the thread and troll. People current on the show know what season I was talking about about.

7. Aug 21, 2013 #7 of 166
    Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Active Member

Dec 1, 2004
    I've been a big fan since the beginning but after a few episodes this season I've killed the season pass. Sometimes writers just run out of good ideas and start going around in circles. I think they made a mistake in not having Mike working with Louis. Louis has actually become a more interesting character than Harvey.

8. Aug 21, 2013 #8 of 166
    Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I liked the dynamic of Mike and Louis. That was probably the best episode of the season. I also don't like that they went to one case for the whole season, especially since I don't find the case all that interesting.

I think they need to go back to the original premise of Mike not really being a lawyer and doing what he has to hide the secret. Maybe they will address it during the battle for control of the firm and the English partner will find out about Mike and use it as ammo.

9. Aug 21, 2013 #9 of 166
    scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    While it's true that this season's plots are not as interesting as last season's, Donna's still there so that makes it must-see TV for me.

10. Aug 21, 2013 #10 of 166
    Snappa77

Snappa77 RUDEBWOY

Feb 14, 2004
    BOSTON
    ^^^ sigh.

Anyways....

Is it me or did the writers just discover the word "SugarHoneyIceTea" existed cuz they have been overkilling it almost every episode.

Agree with it having a severe case of "Burn Noticitis™" I used to think Suits was the last must see show on USA. Now... not so much.

(*™Cainebj)

Didn't like the flashbacks. Disliked the Donna/Harvey reveal. Would have been better to keep us wondering. Also Mikes flashback side story with the frat jock(s) feels unresolved.

The whole flashback thing would have been better served if it gave more background to Jessica/Harvey and Harvey/Louis.

Just my $0.02

Still watch for Donna though.

11. Aug 21, 2013 #11 of 166
    Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    Still going to watch, just for Donna. But I use the FF button a lot with this show.

I also think the episode where Mike and Louis worked together was great, and I wished that had gone on for more than one episode.

12. Aug 21, 2013 #12 of 166
    whitson77

whitson77 Active Member

Nov 10, 2002
    That is what both my wife and I thought as well. Louis is probably my favorite character now.

ETA:

LOL on the: "Is it me or did the writers just discover the word "SugarHoneyIceTea" existed cuz they have been overkilling it almost every episode."

That Mike and Rachel back and forth a few episodes back was just painful...

13. Aug 21, 2013 #13 of 166
    dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    Yeah, was just thinking the same thing after last night's episode. It's just getting annoying how all they ever do is fight amongst themselves and with the DA; everything's a personal fight. It's hard to believe any client would keep them around for long since they barely do any work anymore. And you'd never know the skills Mike used to be able to get into this position in the first place -- they've basically completely forgotten one of the reasons he can do so well. I could even forgive the Harvey/Jessica arguments and fights if they'd contrast that with shifting towards a positive Mike/Louis or even Mike/Louis/migration-of-Donna-away-from-Harvey plot. Even now there's quite a lot of potential to take this story in interesting directions, but it seems like some "network suit" decided "conflict conflict conflict" is why people watch and forget that even conflict needs to be for intelligent, discernible reasons, not conflict-for-the-sake-of-conflict.

14. Aug 21, 2013 #14 of 166
    DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I'm still liking the show, but for the first several episodes of the season when at least two of the old gang were fighting amonst themselves, it really felt like they had lost their mojo. I'm not as annoyed if Harvey and Jessica are at odds, because their relationship has always seemed a little strained. But Mike and Rachel and Donna and Harvey need to be getting along for the show to work. And it's better when Louis is a part of the group as well.

15. Aug 21, 2013 #15 of 166
    cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    They cuss way more on this show than any other non-subscription show I watch. I'm definitely no prude but the flashback episode had so much cussing in it that it took me out of the show because my mind kept going "Another one!" every time somebody cussed. Is there any other non-premium channel show with anywhere near this amount of cuss words?

They totally blew it by not having Mike work for Louis for a while. That would have been interesting and fun. I can't stand Harvey. He's probably the least likable major character on any of the shows I watch. I definitely wouldn't want to be friends with him in real life.

Do law firms just slap a new name on the masthead overnight like they did in this episode. Aren't there other major partners in the firm who should be consulted?

16. Aug 21, 2013 #16 of 166
    Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    I think the Mike-Rachel bit with the "Sugar Honey Iced Tea" was some sort of homage to the episode of The Wire where two detectives used nothing but the F-word in examining a crime scene. For three solid minutes, IIRC.

(I probably don't recall 100% correctly -- I was reminded about it by a chapter in Alan Sepinwall's "The Revolution Was Televised." Great book.)

17. Aug 21, 2013 #17 of 166
    whitson77

whitson77 Active Member

Nov 10, 2002
    I agree, there is no question this is what they are going for. But it was just poorly done. And the S word was probably used 40 times that episode. It was like cursing for cursing sake.

18. Aug 21, 2013 #18 of 166
    Azlen

Azlen Active Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Peoria, AZ
    Did I mishear or did Mike drop the mother of all SugarHoney words in the episode last night?

19. Aug 21, 2013 #19 of 166
    aaronw

aaronw Member

Apr 13, 2001
    Washington, DC
    I agree, I've gotten so confused as to what the actual case was actually about, and how mike sold out jessica (or was it harvey?) that I'm fairly lost at this point as to what the motivations are.

20. Aug 21, 2013 #20 of 166
    whitson77

whitson77 Active Member

Nov 10, 2002
    I know he said something close to it at least one time. But I thought I did hear the F bomb the second time. But he may have just being saying something really close to yuck.