1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suits Season 2 spoilery spoiler thread *Warning - May contain spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by sean67854, Jun 18, 2012.

1. sean67854

sean67854 Why?

Jul 11, 2001
    Wouldn't...
    This thread might contain spoilers! :D

So here's what I think is gonna end up happening with Mike and his fake law degree. I think they are going to hatch a plan to somehow make him legit.

2. BradJW

BradJW Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Houston
    I'm surprised they haven't yet. I know it takes some time, but he could easily get his degrees while working part time.

But then, that would take the twist away from this show. And it is a really good show.

3. sean67854

sean67854 Why?

Jul 11, 2001
    Wouldn't...

Oh, with as long as it would take to get a law degree part time, I'm sure they could drag it out for at least 3 seasons. ;)

4. robojerk

robojerk Active Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    From what I understand, he passed the bar exam so he is a legit lawyer/attorney. Passing the bar gives you a license to practice law.

However, they lied about him going to Harvard, made a bigger mess by hacking the system to make it look like he went to Harvard. This misrepresenting himself could at least have him disbarred if not sent to jail, and the guy that hired him....

5. Agatha Mystery

Agatha Mystery Active Member

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    He passed the bar exam, but not under his own name.

6. robojerk

robojerk Active Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    Ahhh, forgot about the fact he was taking it for other people so they could cheat. Couldn't they just have him take it again so if the **** hit the fan, at least he was actually licensed to mitigate some of the downfall and stop some of their settlements from being overturned?? I know there are programs out there where you can take it without going to law school.

7. markz

markz Hilarity Ensues

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    I hate when a main aspect of the story later gets in the way of the continuing story line. I bet we never do find out how he met the kids' mother.

8. Agatha Mystery

Agatha Mystery Active Member

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    Are there programs that allow him to take it without going to law school? I would think that that would be a glaring error in the writing of the show if it were that easy.

9. robojerk

robojerk Active Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    It might also depend on what state you're taking the Bar in. IANAL, but think California bar has ways to take the test without going to school. New York might not..

10. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    I hope this season we get back to Mike's eidetic memory and this is written more into the show. Seems like they hooked us with that on the pilot but then that whole character trait was weekly developed throughout the season.

11. Zevida

Zevida witless and unarmed TCF Club

Nov 8, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    I loved the season opener! Great show. So fun to watch.

I thought they used Mike's memory enough. It came into play here, when he challenged Jessica at the end. I also rewatched an episode where he was trying to exonerate Rachel and he used his memory against the IT guy. It would get old to have every episode spin on that one aspect.

So now all the leads expect Louis know Mike didn't go to Harvard, right? Harvey and Donna, I seem to remember Rachel finding out? Did she? And the head partner. I have to ignore the fact that he'd get fired instantly because it's too fun a show.

12. ClutchBrake

ClutchBrake Pass the gravy!

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    All I have to say is that Mike should avoid the women of this show. His former best friend's ex and the paralegal at his firm are both psychotic.

13. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    But hot.

14. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Yeah, the only woman on the show who he wouldn't be better off running away from (screaming for mercy) is Donna, but she is out of his league.

15. Hoffer

Hoffer Captain Chaos

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    The super memory is the only reason I started watching the show. They played it up like he was some kind of super hero. I still love the show and will watch it either way. They just hooked me on one thing that they don't really seem to play up much.

16. sean67854

sean67854 Why?

Jul 11, 2001
    Wouldn't...
    To be fair, his memory was used to pretty great effect to threaten his former friend at the end of the season opener.

17. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    I agree that they did a good job the first episode of the new season playing up the memory angle. I hope they stick with it as I feel in S1 it was a bit downplayed, but still even with it downplayed it is a great show, just think it could be better.

18. wprager

wprager Active Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Ottawa, Canada
    I forgot to pad and missed the last minute. Can someone recap?

Also, what was the deal with him not checking his messages? Seems like S1 was so long ago and for some reason I thought his friend had deleted the message, but now he was able to retrieve it? I think I missed something.

19. smak

smak TV MA SLV

Feb 11, 2000
    NoHo, CA USA
    [​IMG]

-smak-

20. Mikeyis4dcats

Mikeyis4dcats Active Member

Oct 2, 2003
    I have found that "hot" can also be substituted with "good in bed" :cool: