1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suits, 2012-Jul-12, "Discovery"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by john4200, Jul 13, 2012.

1. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Donna loses her air of perfection. Especially after those comments she made to Harvey earlier, it will be interesting to see how she handles her apparent mistake, since she does not have much experience with making mistakes.

That memo is puzzling. It did not seem to have a From: line (even redacted), the former Coastal Motors employee (Sarah) claims she never wrote a memo, the Coastal Motors CEO (Lawrence) claims he did not know about a memo (although he did turn out to know about the defective hood), and Harvey and Donna were not aware of a memo.

It wasn't clear to me whether Tanner already knew about Sarah, or whether he found out about her from following Harvey. I got the impression Tanner already knew, but it seemed like it could go the other way also.

So where did the memo come from? Why was the memo redacted so heavily? I'd think the law firm would get the unredacted memo, and it would only be redacted later if it was evidence in trial. How did Tanner know about the memo? There's still something fishy going on with that memo.

Is there some deeper plot going on? Did the DA maybe make a deal with Tanner to try to discredit Harvey?

Could Daniel have planted the (forged?) memo in the file room?

On Louis. It seemed that we were supposed to assume that Louis told Daniel about the situation with Tanner suing the firm. But we were not shown Louis actually tattling. And Louis wasn't happy with how Daniel treated him in his office earlier. So perhaps Daniel found out on his own. Maybe Louis is more trustworthy than Harvey and Mike thought?

2. efilippi

efilippi Active Member

Jul 24, 2001
    Mundelein, Il
    I have no answers. This episode confused the hell out of me. Frankly, I think I just watch it to look at the pretty women.

On reflection, maybe that's why I watch most shows on this network...

3. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Active Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    I assume Donna would recognize her own signature; but I also vaugely wonder if that memo might have been planted recently.

Admittedly my reaction upon watching was "damn.... Donna screwed up big". But on reflected that doesn't seem like (what we've seen) of her. But how would Tanner get it planted, and why risk getting caught at delivering it. (For that matter how did he even begin to figure out there was a case here? Even wanting to take Harvey down, what led him to find that this case had attackable loose ends?)

4. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Daniel could have easily planted it.

And Donna's mark could easily be forged by anyone with access to the file room.

5. milo99

milo99 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2002
    McLean, VA
    why would Daniel want to plant something like that and have a lawsuit against his firm? He can't take it back once it's found, so they'd be found guilty, even if incompetence/mistake of omission was the cause. I assumed Daniel knew because Louis told him.

Overalll, i was pretty confused about this episode too. who wrote the note and how Tanner knew about it, or even how he knew about Sarah... i hope they clarify it a bit in the coming episode(s).

The arc with Mike and Louis was interesting. I could see Louis going both ways after he recorded the conversation- he could see Mike as someone who was trying to back him up, but i guess he didn't appreciate feeling like an associate was one of the cool kids feeling pity for him and seeing him as a guy who just wants to be as cool as Harvey.

6. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Maybe Daniel has a plan to take down Harvey and Jessica without destroying the firm. Or maybe Daniel's whole plan is to destroy the firm for whatever reason.

7. Zevida

Zevida witless and unarmed TCF Club

Nov 8, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    I don't think one malpractice case would destroy the firm - would it? Especially not if Daniel can create scapegoats in Jessica and Harvey and get them out.

I don't think Louis told Daniel, I think Daniel found out, which they knew was inevitable because he had connections at that company.

Did Louis bug Mike? I wasn't sure how he got the conversation with Harvey.

8. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Yup, Louis left his dictaphone (the one Daniel gave him, it looked like) under a newspaper on the shelf that Louis was leaning against in Harvey's office.

9. weaver

weaver Member

Feb 27, 2004
    Alexandria, VA
    Apparently he left his dictaphone in Harvey's ofice.

10. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Huh?

11. efilippi

efilippi Active Member

Jul 24, 2001
    Mundelein, Il
    Who?

12. Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    WHAT? :D:p

13. SeanC

SeanC ECT

Dec 30, 2003
    Someplace
    dictaphone... DICTAPHONE!

Sheesh wadda you ppl, deaf or something?!

:D

14. scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    From the moment Louis got that dictaphone from Daniel, I've wondered if it's bugged and Daniel's hearing everything Louis is recording.

15. Cainebj

Cainebj Active Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I really wish they never would have come up with this ridiculous Daniel plot. It's all just so contrived.

16. Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Active Member

Dec 1, 2004
    Who's on first.

17. Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Active Member

Dec 1, 2004
    What's on second.

18. lillevig

lillevig Hot in West Texas

Dec 6, 2010
    San Angelo, TX
    I always get confused between "Suits" and "White Collar". I swear that the two main characters in each are the same guys with just a different storyline.

19. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I didn't realize it before, because I hadn't gotten that far in the BB series, but Daniel is Gale!

Anyway, I just watched this episode this morning and was a bit confused also. I did like the Mike/Louis bit and thought that it would have been a good way to go for a few more episodes at least. Seeing/respecting him as a good lawyer but maybe not liking them as a person. I can't believe Donna missed that memo and I got the feeling from the woman that "wrote" it that Harvey went to see, that it wasn't written and must have been planted. Maybe by Harold? How did that guy get past the interview process?

20. scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    That keeps bugging me too. This firm harvests their newbies from Harvard - no way they'd accept a sniveling toadie like that kid.