1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion: how about guide data that is accurate?

Discussion in 'TiVo Suggestion Avenue' started by fburgerod, Nov 19, 2016.

1. fburgerod

fburgerod New Member

Oct 24, 2007
    It is getting frustrating that Rovi/TiVo can still not differentiate between new and repeat broadcasts, especially with sports. I am constantly deleting programs from the todo list that used to be so accurate with the old tivo wishlist. And many shows have inaccurate descriptions. How about just working like you used to TiVo? Cannot recommend TiVo any longer.

pmbtv likes this.
  2. osu1991

osu1991 Active Member

Mar 6, 2015
    Oklahoma
    It would be nice.

I've noticed they have the movie info wrong on Hallmarks Christmas marathons. They have the title and info for Northpole every time NorthPole 2 has aired the past 2 weeks. NCAA football isn't updated till the morning of the Saturday games.

3. pmbtv

pmbtv New Member

Jan 7, 2017
    Many of the program descriptions, apparently those after the Chicago Tribune stopped handling the listings/ratings are ridulous. For instance, a movie will be givena one-star rating! Yet the description will say something like" In this riveting thriller etc etc ...

4. sinanju

sinanju Active Member

Jan 3, 2005
    At this point, it's worse than the VCR days. At least you could count on a VCR to record something when you told it to.

5. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Well, if you want to go back to the level of earlier VCRs, you can do that with a TiVo, through the setting of manual recordings. Yecch.

6. garyprud

garyprud New Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Amen to this - I have a One Pass for a show that is broadcast every weekday at 9 eastern / 8 central...and it's rebroadcast twice more that night. I'm constantly having to delete the two extras I get at 11p and 3 am. Come On Tivo.....surely you can figure this out?

7. pmbtv

pmbtv New Member

Jan 7, 2017
    ive done that, too. i also have the double-recording of SOME one-pass programs. but the biggest problem i have is with one of the new orleans broadcast channels, WLAE. there is confusion between it and WLPB, the main PBS affiliate out of Baton Rouge. no matter what i try, what the Tivo records is NOT what is advertised. i have contacted, WLAE and Tivo about this ... to no avail.