1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sudden problem transferring from Premiere to PC

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by andrew1883, Feb 16, 2013.

1. andrew1883

andrew1883 New Member

Apr 25, 2008
    Until recently, I've had no trouble transferring files. At some point on Feb 15, it suddenly stopped working. I'm saying Feb 15 because I had set several shows to transfer and it appears the last one didn't.

I usually use kmttg (v0p7m). I can still see the TiVo and when I refresh I get the current correct list, including anything that might be recording. But after updating several times, I still get this error when I try to transfer:

Code:
    >> DOWNLOADING C:\Users\andrew\Downloads\Sorted\TiVO\kmttg_v0p7m\Elementary - Details (02_14_2013).TiVo ...
    C:\Users\andrew\Downloads\Sorted\TiVO\kmttg_v0p7m\curl\curl.exe --retry 3 --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar C:\Users\andrew\AppData\Local\Temp\cookie5030052767628638878.tmp --url http://10.0.0.7:80/download/Elementary.TiVo?Container=%2FNowPlaying&id=86339 --output "C:\Users\andrew\Downloads\Sorted\TiVO\kmttg_v0p7m\Elementary - Details (02_14_2013).TiVo" 
    C:\Users\andrew\Downloads\Sorted\TiVO\kmttg_v0p7m\Elementary - Details (02_14_2013).TiVo: size=0.00 MB elapsed=0:00:00 (0.00 Mbps)
    <h2>Bad Request</h2>
    Download failed to file: C:\Users\andrew\Downloads\Sorted\TiVO\kmttg_v0p7m\Elementary - Details (02_14_2013).TiVo
    Exit code: 0
      % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                     Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed

0    31    0    31    0     0    182      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--   182
      0    31    0    31    0     0    182      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--     0
      0    39    0    39    0     0    144      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--   144
    Elementary - Details (02_14_2013).TiVo: Download attempt # 2 scheduled in 10 seconds.
    I also tried a variety of SD and HD shows, and none transfer. Fired up TiVo Desktop v2.8.2 (412369) and it sees the Premiere and lists the shows, including the currently recording. Try to transfer and it fails. Less verbose of course and the error is this:
    Code:
    The system cannot find the file specified.
    I tried restarting the TiVo (though it could definitely be seen by the PC, and that's my fix for not finding the device at all) and get the same results. I can ping 10.0.0.7

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks!
    =aw

2. caddyroger

caddyroger New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Some where...
  3. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
  4. DaveDFW

DaveDFW Member

Jan 25, 2005
    Richardson, TX
  5. andrew1883

andrew1883 New Member

Apr 25, 2008
    Thank you all. I'm going to bed now and will try the new kmttg (and check the other threads) in the morning.

=aw

6. andrew1883

andrew1883 New Member

Apr 25, 2008
    Thanks again, I downloaded kmttg v0p9l and it's downloading now! I didn't tell it to use Java instead of curl (one of the suggestions) but it's working. It was released 21 hours ago so I guess it's done something internally. :)

I saw the other option (and the only option if using TiVo Desktop?) is to change the clock on your computer. Talk about taking us back to the 80s! They should edit that startup animation to end with the Tron-like look. :) Of course it was a lot easier in the 80s to change your clock and leave it changed, not that much was really date dependent. :(

=aw

7. JoeKustra

JoeKustra Cable only

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    There was an easier fix posted. Find the curl.conf file on your PC. Add the following line with notepad:

cookie = "sid=abc"

See if that helps.

8. andrew1883

andrew1883 New Member

Apr 25, 2008
    Thanks, I'm good with running kmttg v0p9l. Would I need to edit curl.conf in that case?

=aw

9. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    No, that's the TiVo Desktop fix/workaround. kmttg v0p9l has its own fix/workaround built in.

10. gikar

gikar New Member

Feb 18, 2013
    This was an easy solution and it work instantly.

11. mrmega

mrmega New Member

Dec 3, 2007

I applied his simple fix yesterday (which needed reboot on XP) and it has worked flawlessly (with the correct date/time) on a S2, S3 HD and a S4 HD using Tivo Desktop on a Windows XP machine. :up:

All hail notting and morac!

mrmega

12. andrew1883

andrew1883 New Member

Apr 25, 2008
    Great, thanks moyekj!

=aw

13. turpindm

turpindm New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Like others, Tivo Desktop stopped working for me on 2/15. In troubleshooting, I tried another tool, "Tivo Playlist" by Dave Cahoe. It couldn't download either. Next I tried brute force using a web browser. Using https access to your Tivo's IP address you can view the now playing list and download content where username=tivo and password=your_MAK. I tried IE, Firefox, & Chrome. All would browse the Now Playing list, but none would download.

I called Tivo support (around noon EST on 2/19). They said that they were aware of the problem and were tracking it, but did NOT have a fix or even a workaround.

After that, I discovered THIS POST. I tried the curl.conf edit AND IT WORKED FOR ME (Series4 DVR and Tivo Desktop 2.8.3 on WinXP).

My Tivo Desktop can now transfer content; HOWEVER, all other tranfer methods mentioned above ARE STILL BROKEN (even brute-force browser xfers). So, it appears to me that the real FIX is in the DVR software....

Thanks for posting the curl.conf workaround!!!!

14. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Many of us have used kmttg.. That definitely works too.

15. jgaermom

jgaermom New Member

Oct 22, 2005
    Can someone explain how to do the curl.config change to those of use that are not so tech savvy?

16. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Are you using TiVo Desktop on a Windows PC?

Which version of Windows?

17. JStew

JStew Member

Oct 1, 2007
    I'd be interested in that also. I'm using W7. Like everyone else, Desktop isn't working.

Thanks in advance!

18. Krellion

Krellion ...

May 17, 2002
    Hampton, VA
    (Putting this here for people who are too lazy to look in the other threads about the issue. ;))

For Windows (Vista/7), open the Start menu or the Run dialog (Windows Key + R) and paste this into it: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local

Look for the TiVo Desktop folder and open it. You'll see the curl.conf file. Edit it with Notepad and add this to it on a new line: cookie = "sid=abc"

Save the file and then TiVo Desktop transfers should work. Rebooting shouldn't be needed, but won't hurt.

=====

For browser-based transfers, you need to have the ability to edit cookies (Firefox has a plugin called Cookies Manager+ that can do this, not sure about others). Find the cookie (it should be the only one listed for your TiVo's IP) and edit the expiration date to be in the far future, then transfers will work.

19. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
  20. SNJpage1

SNJpage1 Active Member

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...
    Krellion
    The fix worked on my TivoHD. Now I have a problem where the two shows I tried to transfer with Tivo Desktop, now have a red X where you would click to select which shows to transfer. Any idea how to get rid of the X so I can select them?