1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suburgatory s2e11 Yakult Leader

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Robin, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Feb 3, 2013 #1 of 10
    Robin

Robin Nasty Woman

Dec 6, 2001
    Southwestern...
    Anyone else watching? This is one of my favorites.

"I've been trying to get Jill into bud play since college!"

2. Feb 3, 2013 #2 of 10
    murgatroyd

murgatroyd Don't stop believin'

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    I'm still watching.

It was interesting seeing the interaction between Dalia and George.

3. Feb 3, 2013 #3 of 10
    awsnyde

awsnyde Member

May 11, 2007
    Maryland
    I think it's actually replaced Modern Family--and don't get me wrong, I still like that one--as my favorite comedy. I like the often-surreal touches they throw in occasionally, or sometimes for entire episodes.

4. Feb 3, 2013 #4 of 10
    billypritchard

billypritchard Embiggener

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    I like it a lot, but it is really jekyll and hyde. Some episodes this season have been abso-freaking-hilarious. But a couple have been hideously awful too. It's really feast or famine.

This one was pretty good, as was the previous week's Dad Band episode.

'Do you want to see me give it to my mom, Tessa?'

5. Feb 3, 2013 #5 of 10
    Gerryex

Gerryex Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Land O...
    Yes, I agree. This was one of the better ones!

When the show first started I hated the Dalia character, but now I think she's the best! I love how she dead-pans her lines and how she call's her mom Mommy! Also, if its a subject that she likes (like stylish clothes) she's an expert but if it somethng she doesn't (almost everything else) she knows nothing.

Gerry

6. Feb 3, 2013 #6 of 10
    astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    Also agree. But the ones that are funny are so good they keep me coming back.

7. Feb 4, 2013 #7 of 10
    Family

Family Member

Jul 23, 2001
    I have grown to love the Dalia character as well, but Dallas has to go. She almost ruins the show for me.

8. Feb 4, 2013 #8 of 10
    billypritchard

billypritchard Embiggener

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    'Friendship Fish' is the one I'm thinking of that was literally one of the worst things. Ever.

9. Feb 4, 2013 #9 of 10
    sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I've been feeling a little bit 'hit or miss' about the show lately, but still watching. For the couple of weeks previous to this latest episode, there was little or no Dahlia. That was a bummer. As much as she skeeved me out in the beginning of the series, I have grown to really enjoy the character. Glad to see her back this week.

I really like Sisto, probably mainly because of his work in SFU, and I liked Hines before but her character is getting a little grating for me.

10. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I like the actress (though for some reason I often conflate her with Megan Gallagher), but the Dallas character does get to me. She seems like she'd fit along with the rich people on Revenge.