1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subscribing to video RSS feeds?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by FoxFireX, Oct 12, 2013.

1. FoxFireX

FoxFireX New Member

May 8, 2002
    San Antonio, TX
    It seems like there used to be a feature for pulling in arbitrary video RSS feeds, but I can't seem to find it now. The Roamio pages show what I think I was looking for, the "Browse Web Videos" entry, but I can't find it on my unit. (See here: https://www.tivo.com/my-account/welcome-center-roamio/get-more-from-roamio)

Has this feature been removed, and if so, is there any alternate way to subscribe to arbitrary RSS feeds?

2. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Ziphead

Aug 2, 2003
    Yeah, for some reason TiVo took that app out of the Roamio menus. They just tell you to use Search for podcasts now, but you can't do that arbitrary RSS URL entry.

On the plus side, if I can call it that, it never actually allowed you to subscribe, anyway -- you could only make season passes for the shows that were already listed. The manually entered RSS feeds let you browse them, and download individual episodes, but not grab them automatically in the future.

3. FoxFireX

FoxFireX New Member

May 8, 2002
    San Antonio, TX
    Well that's disappointing. I thought maybe I'd found a good way of actually keeping up with some subscriber videos that I've been falling behind on. Now I wonder if I can write up a quick program to watch the RSS feeds and download them to a network location where I might be able to pick them up. Is the TiVo still limited to being able to read .tivo files from shared locations? (Through TiVo Desktop or similar hosts?)