1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Submit RSS Video to TiVo

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Joe Siegler, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Joe Siegler

Joe Siegler New Member

May 10, 2000
    Garland, TX
  2. Joe Siegler

Joe Siegler New Member

May 10, 2000
    Garland, TX
    Bump. Anyone ever find this?

3. tadgill

tadgill New Member

Jan 20, 2013
    But I was just trying to figure this out as well.... I have a series I'd like to get listed.

4. telemark

telemark New Member

Nov 12, 2013
  5. Joe Siegler

Joe Siegler New Member

May 10, 2000
    Garland, TX
    After going through a bit of a nightmare with the TiVo site - as there are THREE separate places to submit custom RSS feeds to TiVo - AND NONE OF THEM WORK...

I finally got the true method for getting them added from a TiVo employee. Here's what he told me:

Basically, the end result of that is to tell you to email this address: tivo@samba.tv

I can say it does work - I submitted two of them, and they showed up two or three days later on my TiVo. I was initially concerned that it would show up on the Hotlist app, which I was totally NOT interested in. But submitting to this email address DID work.

That their site is such a mess that they still have all these old non functional "Add an RSS feed" links speaks to how disorganized their site is. I sent them a nastygram about that, which I'm sure someone read, and got deleted, but hey. To their credit, the guy who told me about the procedure above did say the following, but AFAIK, it hasn't changed anything.

As a point of reference, here's what I sent them when I last asked for something to be added:

6. news4me2

news4me2 Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for posting this info Joe!

7. DianaMo

DianaMo Cubs fan

Oct 22, 2003
    Thanks for posting Joe! I was just looking for this too.

I'd like to see WGN's newscasts made available as Tivo web videos.

Not sure how to make this happen.

http://wgntv.com/on-air/live-streaming/

8. Joe Siegler

Joe Siegler New Member

May 10, 2000
    Garland, TX
    That's a live stream. You can't add something that doesn't have its video clips available in an rss stream.

9. DianaMo

DianaMo Cubs fan

Oct 22, 2003
    Thanks. I was wondering about that.

I'm hoping WGN will make the changes needed so that their Tivo audience can watch the WGN news again.

We really miss it and I know a lot of other WGN America viewers do too.