1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuck at "Starting up..."

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by kbmb, May 5, 2014.

1. kbmb

kbmb Active Member

Jun 22, 2004
    NH
    What's the consensus if a Roamio gets stuck on the first "Starting up...." screen? Is this typically a hard drive issue, or does this just sometimes happen?

Have a Roamio Plus that I turned my TV on today and it was stuck on that screen. No idea how long it was on that screen. I did watch Netflix this afternoon and when I was done I hit live tv but didn't wait to see live tv before turning my system off. Not sure if I was hit by one of the Netflix reboot bugs.

I did unplug and replug and it came back fine. Did a kickstart 54 and the quick tests passed.

-Kevin

2. triftraf

triftraf New Member

Jan 26, 2006
    How are your SNR numbers? Before attenuating my Roamio - I had all sorts of problems - including restarts that would never finish starting up...

I would try unplugging EVERYTHING from it other than hdmi (and obviously the power cord)... and seeing if it restarts. If it does restart -- then add back the ethernet (if not using moca) and finally the cable feed... Then go check your SNR #s...

3. kbmb

kbmb Active Member

Jun 22, 2004
    NH
    Well in this case I didn't have any issues restarting. In fact it restarted fine 3 times, the initial restart, the kickstart and then after the kickstart.

My SNR levels are borderline high on the Plus at times, but prior to this I haven't had any issues....no reboots.

I guess I'm more concerned with the stuck on the starting up screen.

-Kevin

4. mrizzo80

mrizzo80 Active Member

Apr 16, 2012
    A couple months ago I came home and my Plus was stuck on that screen. Based on my microwave clock, I had a power blip sometime earlier in the day. I cycled the power strip everything in my entertainment center is connected to and haven't had any issues since. I didn't bother to run any disk tests.

5. kbmb

kbmb Active Member

Jun 22, 2004
    NH
    Guess that's good to hear that others have not only had it stuck on that screen but also that everything is good since.

-Kevin

6. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I'm having the exact same problem right now. I will try to reset the power strip.

7. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I found the problem. I moved recently and when I plugged in the Tivo I used the wrong power adapter. It fit and it powered up but it was not the correct one. Tivo is working fine now.