1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

String of Missed Recordings Last Night

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by swerver, Sep 18, 2013.

1. swerver

swerver Member

May 18, 2012
    I had a string of recordings all messed up last night. I had set Dads to record, and my wife had set New Girl and Mindy Project also. In between, I saw that show Brooklyn 99 was on so I started that recording too. So that's 4 30 minutes shows back to back, same channel. It was only later, during New Girl, that I realized all the recordings thus far were 2 minutes long, even though they otherwise appeared to be ok. The red circle was always up to indicate it was recording. If you played the recording, the timer bar appeared to have the whole show, but it also said 2 minutes long and yes in fact would only play for 2 minutes. I ignored it for the moment, but when I saw it happening again on Mindy Project, I finally stopped and restarted the recording, and then it recorded normally, and later Sons of Anarchy recorded ok too. Checked the most recent recordings before those shows and they were fine.

What the hell happened? Anyone seen this? I've yet to see a tivo screw up this bad.

2. fdisker2000

fdisker2000 New Member

Nov 26, 2006
    JBLM, WA
    Already being discussed: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=508353

3. swerver

swerver Member

May 18, 2012