1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by mykee50, Apr 8, 2014.

1. mykee50

mykee50 New Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Hi, does anyone know if you can remote stream to an Ipad, then mirror a TV? I bought a Apple HDMI adpt. and tried it but it sez mirroring not allowed.

Thanks again for any help, Mike

(Would AppleTV and or AppleAir work?)
  2. ggieseke

ggieseke Active Member

May 30, 2008
    As you discovered, mirroring is not allowed.
  3. waynomo

waynomo My One Time TC Club

Nov 9, 2002
    Where is the restriction enforced?

Is it safe to assume that this will be the case when streaming comes to Android? I.e. No mirroring?
  4. vurbano

vurbano New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    I tried it too. absolutely stupid restriction intended to keep sales of their mini going?:confused: :rolleyes: Oh well , Ive yet to see streaming successful on an ipad for more than 15 minutes anyway. To me its a novelty feature that just doesnt work. And this is with the absolute latest wifi technology available.
  5. mykee50

mykee50 New Member

Jan 8, 2010
    This is at our beach cabin not at home. I don't think that you can use a Mini off site (remotely), right? Why would Apple sell the HDMI adapter if you can't use it for that situation? I have 6Mbs internet at the cabin.

So, I was thinking that if I added the AppleTV and/or AppleAir I could stream Tivo to my ipad Tivo app, then stream (Bluetooth or what ever it uses) to the Apple stuff and mirror what on the ipad to the TV. Does that make sense?

Thanks again, Mike
  6. mpnret

mpnret New Member

Dec 4, 2012