1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Streaming problems

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by bernmart, May 8, 2013.

1. bernmart

bernmart New Member

Mar 26, 2003
    Pasadena, CA
    I have problems streaming Netflix through my TiVo DVR. As many as twenty times during a film it will stop to recover the material. I thought my wireless router might be the problem, so I replaced it with a more powerful one, but no real improvement occurred. FYI, the router and the TV/TiVo are about twelve feet apart.

Any suggestions welcome.

2. ShayL

ShayL Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I doubt it is wireless, but you could eliminate it as a possibility by running an ethernet cable between the TiVo and router.

3. jcthorne

jcthorne Active Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Houston
    Streaming HD video over wireless is always hit n miss depending on interference from other electrical devices and your neighbors wireless.

Replace the wireless with MOCA and verify you internet connection to the router is working ok and things should improve.

Then again, hiccups and re-buffering is the nature of streaming video from a remote network location and why I do not use it for home theater application.

4. True Colors

True Colors Member

Oct 18, 2006
    Get a separate appliance..... try apple TV, or popcorn hour, or WD tv hub, etc. Then hardwire it to your router.

TC

5. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Near...
    Other things that might help:
    1. Make your Tivo IP static (a router setting)
    2. Set at least one of the DNS IP's in your router to the Google DNS'es:
    8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
    There is a huge multi-year thread on Netflix problems on TiVo and the most obvious theme that runs through it is: hardwired ethernet is better.