1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Streaming Problem

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by wintermute2_0, Oct 4, 2013.

1. wintermute2_0

wintermute2_0 New Member

Mar 15, 2002
    Minneapolis
    I'm having streaming issues with my Roamio Plus. It will stream fine for 30 minutes or more, but then the video will eventually freeze. After I restart the stream, it will only play for a few minutes before freezing again.

I'm using an old Linksys WRT54GL router. Could that be the problem? Netflix and Amazon stream fine.

Thanks for your help.

2. hornmustang

hornmustang New Member

Sep 12, 2013
  3. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Sounds like maybe a heat issue.

4. Ieolus

Ieolus New Member

Oct 20, 2006
    I am having a strikingly similar issue, which is driving me mad. I don't think my TiVo would be overheating. It has lots of ventilation and space around it.

5. Dan203

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    The reason I said his sounded like a heat issue is because at first it works for 30+ minutes but then it fails, and even after a reboot it only works for a few minutes. I have a Sling box that does the same thing. It has bad capacitors that over heat. If I let it sit long enough after it fails it'll work again for another 30 minutes or so.

6. Ieolus

Ieolus New Member

Oct 20, 2006
    Thanks for the reply. Next time I stream will check the box directly to see if that is the case.

7. Dan203

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Just to be clear even if it is a heat issue it doesn't mean it's your fault. Culd be a bad fan or a bad capacitor causing the heat issue.

8. Ieolus

Ieolus New Member

Oct 20, 2006
    So I've been trying to monitor my temps after having streaming problems. They seem to hover around 60 degrees when I look.
    What is interesting though is that when I'm looking at the webpage (TiVo stream system information x.x.x.x:49152/sysinfo) I will often see the Transcode State go from Idle to Offline and back to Idle.