1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Streaming over cellular FIX for 7.0, Jailbroken only

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by overFEDEXed, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Jan 1, 2014 #1 of 45
    overFEDEXed

overFEDEXed Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Centerville,...
    Hello,

I know that there is a workaround for this but, if you want to stream from your Roamio, over the cellular network, follow these instructions. This is from a post that I made at macrumors;

work around but you will need ifile or way to install deb
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shenan1982 View Post
    I have TiVo and the app doesn't work because it detects jailbreak. I used to use xCon to hide the jailbreak from Tivo, but seems like version 38 (latest) doesn't work at least not with iOS 7 or the latest Tivo app.

Anyone?

EDIT: I realize that Beta 39 came out almost a year ago but haven't seen any updates.
    Hello,

I just joined here today, but have read here for many months. For reference, I'm using a Jailbroken iPhone 5S, on IOS 7.0.1

Anyway, here is the way to get the Tivo app to work, where it won't detect the jailbroken phone. This is done using an older version of xCon, 37 beta 7. You will need iFile or something that can install a deb.

Credit goes to leem8181;

Go to Cydia and search for xCon, then scroll down to "Submit an app".
    Next, under "open", scroll down to a post called "Tivo" post 317, by Rogreu.
    Next, tap on that post and you will see a reply by leem8181. I copied that link that he had for an older version of xCon, 37 Beta 7. I then used iFile to install the deb. Now my Tivo app works, letting me stream live from my Tivo Roamio at home, over the 4G cellular network. No "Modified device' message.

I don't know if this will work for other apps, as I have not tried.
    Apparently, this guy leem8181 experimented with different versions, until he found one that works.

Good luck and please post your results, I'm curious.

Here is a link. https://github.com/n00neimp0rtant/xC.../317?source=cc

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Some were already doing this with iPhone 4S's and IOS 6.0. Most were already using the "Download" option posted here, with which the quality came out better than streaming choppy. This is just an alternative for those who have unlimited data and want to play.

With the release of the new 7.0 Jailbreak, including the iPhone 5, 5C and 5S, the current xCon app in Cydia, does not work. You get the "Modified device" message so....

Have fun.

2. Jan 2, 2014 #2 of 45
    blacknoi

blacknoi Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Your link appears to be getting truncated with a '...' in the middle. Can you repost or maybe use a short url service?

Code:
    https://github.com/n00neimp0rtant/xC.../317?source=cc

3. Jan 2, 2014 #3 of 45
    David Platt

David Platt !Texas TCF Club

Dec 13, 2001
    Portland, OR
    Thanks. I'm using a Premiere with a SA Stream, and am still not able to stream over 4G/LTE, but at least I'm able to stream in-house now. Worked great!

4. Jan 2, 2014 #4 of 45
    overFEDEXed

overFEDEXed Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Centerville,...
    Sorry about that. I can't fix it until I get home.

Do a search for xCon 37 beta 7. That's the one that works.

5. Jan 2, 2014 #5 of 45
    spaldingclan

spaldingclan Member

Aug 22, 2012
  6. Jan 2, 2014 #6 of 45
    spaldingclan

spaldingclan Member

Aug 22, 2012
    i installed it (I know it's installed because Cydia shows thats the version I have isntalled) but it still doesnt work for me.

7. Jan 2, 2014 #7 of 45
    spaldingclan

spaldingclan Member

Aug 22, 2012
    NVM, I needed to re-setup my Stream box apparently...works now

8. Jan 2, 2014 #8 of 45
    overFEDEXed

overFEDEXed Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Centerville,...
    Remember, ignore the Cydia 38 update, until you see 40 or something like that. It might even state that there is a Tivo fix included.

I believe that there are version 39 beta something's, that still don't work.

9. Jan 2, 2014 #9 of 45
    windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Strange that the older one would work.

I, too, ran into the same problem when I upgraded and jailbroke 7.0.4 with xCon not working properly (in fact, for me it causes every app to force close when it's installed).

edit: 37beta7 worked for me, thanks for the tip! :up:

10. David Platt

Dec 13, 2001
    Portland, OR
    OverFEDEXed, how are you getting around the limitation of only streaming over wifi while away from home? I tried 3G Unrestrcictor, but it's not working.

11. spaldingclan

spaldingclan Member

Aug 22, 2012
    yep I set the toggle to ignore future xCon updates in Cydia...now I need to remember not to update the Tivo app if there ever is one

12. overFEDEXed

overFEDEXed Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Centerville,...
    Use My3G and set "Use Direct Flags to on.

13. David Platt

Dec 13, 2001
    Portland, OR
    Thanks-- I couldn't get that to work either, but I'm thinking there's something else going on with my setup. I can't get it to stream away from home over wifi either.

14. overFEDEXed

overFEDEXed Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Centerville,...
    You are welcome. I remember you from the last xCon/tivo app problem.

I don't think the developer has time to mess with an update right now, so I looked around until I found a fix.

15. Divilish

Divilish New Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Thanks for this solution, I was very disappointed last night when I plugged in my new TiVo stream....

The night before I was able to JB my IOS devices again, that would have been very bad timing had I not found your post!

Looks like they will update xcon eventually, but I don't want to wait!

16. ehardman

ehardman Member

Feb 18, 2004
    Kansas
    Thanks for the fix and My3G solution to stream over cellular. However, I notice the resolution over cellular is not as good even with LTE. Is this to be expected?

17. tturner23

tturner23 New Member

Aug 17, 2008
    Has anyone tried V39 Beta 7 to see if the TiVo fix was included?

18. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Just installed it and it does seem to work (no crashes so far, anyway).

19. spaldingclan

spaldingclan Member

Aug 22, 2012
    He said 39 beta 7 didnt work on iphone 5s...is that what youre using?

20. spaldingclan

spaldingclan Member

Aug 22, 2012
    yep, 39 beta 7 works fine on ios 7 on my ipad 3...still cant use it on my iphone 5s as his page says its not working on arm64 devices yet