1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Streaming not working?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by mab631, Sep 17, 2013.

1. mab631

mab631 New Member

May 23, 2004
    do i have a bad unit? while in my home network i can not stream to my iphone. it sees the tivo but says im away from home? i have it setup to work with the mini fine. but to my iphone or nexus 7 no go.

2. jmpage2

jmpage2 Active Member

Jan 20, 2004
    Nothing is broken, you cannot stream out of the home until a later update coming sometime this fall. Additionally it will only work (in the future) when your iphone is on a wi-fi network.

3. mab631

mab631 New Member

May 23, 2004
    you fully didn't read my post i said i was "HOME" on my home wifi

4. jmpage2

jmpage2 Active Member

Jan 20, 2004
    Well for starters, the streaming function does not work with Nexus, it only supports iOS devices, so not sure how you would even attempt it with that.

When you are using the TiVo application on your iPhone, in the home, and you go to the "more" button at the bottom, what TiVo does it show selected, is it the Roamio?

What happens when you go to the "my shows" view on the iPhone and choose "watch now" for a show that's already on the roamio?

5. mab631

mab631 New Member

May 23, 2004
    sorry to be so upfront, only mad because it worked first time and now bam :mad:, broken. It is the roamio plus it shows in the more button. If i click watch now i get the nice away from home network message. that i need to connect the same wifi network as the tivo dvr. I only have one router in my home.

6. jmpage2

jmpage2 Active Member

Jan 20, 2004
    Well, I'm not sure what's going on, from the TiVos perspective it clearly does not think the phone is "at home".

I would try rebooting the iPhone. If that doesn't clear the issue then you would need to do some actual network diagnostics, such as determining the IP address of both the Roamio and the iPh

7. mab631

mab631 New Member

May 23, 2004
    Do you think it weird it worked like within the first 15 mins of setting up the box and now it doesn't? I can say that both the tivo and iphone are 192.168.1.XXX

8. mrizzo80

mrizzo80 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    If rebooting the iPhone doesn't work I would delete and reinstall the TiVo app. It will only take a minute or so... I think the only "settings" in the app you'll have to re-enter is the MAK.

9. jmpage2

jmpage2 Active Member

Jan 20, 2004
    Well sure it's weird but doesn't mean anything is necessarily broken on the hardware.

10. mab631

mab631 New Member

May 23, 2004
    It only asked for my username and pass. Not mak?

11. NJguy

NJguy New Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Maybe try deleting the TiVo app and installing again on phone? Maybe their updating their app for iOS7 for tomorrow. I'd give it at least a few days or a week if you could. Just a suggestion. Hope you get it working. Mine seems to be working fine. Only issue I have is when I download a show to my phone or ipad to use out of my home network sound is off from video by about 3 to 5 seconds.

12. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Anything special or different about your home network? The iOS device and the TiVo need to be on the same subnet.