1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Streaming from Roamio to iOS fails

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by sirfergy, Dec 14, 2013.

1. sirfergy

sirfergy New Member

May 18, 2002
    I've never been able to successfully stream from my Roamio Pro to my iPad2 on iOS6. It just stops after a few minutes with a message that says "Finished". Is there anything I can to do diagnose the issue?

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Update to ios 7.04

3. sirfergy

sirfergy New Member

May 18, 2002
    Bummer, my wife really doesn't want to do that. Is that the only fix?

4. MikePA1

MikePA1 New Member

Nov 15, 2013
    Is it your iPad or hers?

5. sirfergy

sirfergy New Member

May 18, 2002
    Hers. I upgraded my iPhone 4 to 7.0.4, and it still has the same problem. After a few minutes the stream freezes, and I can't play anything else.

6. trip1eX

trip1eX Active Member

Apr 2, 2005
    STreaming hasn't been too reliable for me. Yesterday I lost the stream 5x over an hour and gave up.

I can only compare it to the almost zero problems I have with Netflix on the same iPad.

7. gbruyn

gbruyn New Member

Mar 20, 2012
    I'm really thinking it has a lot to do with the proxy. It's just another failure/reliability point. I hope they remove it sometime very soon!

8. ShayL

ShayL Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I had a bad time attempting to stream in the house yesterday. It would play the audio, but the video would only update every few minutes. It was strange. I restarted just the stream (embedded in the TiVo Pro) and then both the whole TiVo unit and iPad to no avail.