1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Streaming from R.Pro to ipad to TV?

Discussion in 'TiVo Stream' started by mykee50, Jan 14, 2014.

1. mykee50

mykee50 New Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Issaquah...
    Hello, I can stream to my ipad just fine in home. The quality really suchs OOH though, just 2 bars. Question 1, Is there a way to improve the OOH quality?

Question 2, when I try to play the stream through my ipad to my TV via the Apple Lightning HDMI adapter I get a "mirroring not allowed" type of message. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks, Mike (62 in Seattle) :confused:

2. bradleys

bradleys It'll be fine....

Oct 31, 2007
    Question 1) TiVo is working on improvements to OOH streaming, really nothing you can do at this time.

Question 2) You are not doing anything wrong this is by design. Some folks have implemented same jailbreak tools to make this work, but that is the only way. TiVo / Content owners do not want you driving a big screen with an IOS device.

3. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    To improve OOH quality simply download instead of stream. You will have to wait a few minutes for buffer to build up before you start watching but quality will be much better than streaming.

4. mykee50

mykee50 New Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Issaquah...
    Thanks for the info!! Is there a thread on doing this jailbreak thing? Thanks again, Mike

5. spaldingclan

spaldingclan Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Here you go. You're welcome.

http://bit.ly/1eOc8tm

6. heg

heg New Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Question 2, when I try to play the stream through my ipad to my TV via the Apple Lightning HDMI adapter I get a "mirroring not allowed" type of message. Am I doing something wrong?

Mike, I just bought an iPad Mini, intending to stream some video content from the web (thru the iPad) to the big screen TV, using the iPad's AirDrop function. From what I have learned that will require an Apple TV between the iPad and the television. Check this URL:
    http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5209
    to see the procedure to enable AirPlay mirroring on IOS7 devices. The IOS device and the AppleTV will need to be on the same wifi network.

7. tatergator1

tatergator1 Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    You're not doing anything wrong. HDMI out is disabled by the Tivo App. You can not connect an iPhone or iPad to a TV and try to use the Tivo app to stream to the TV.

8. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    If you jail break you can disable that limitation.