1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Streaming from PRO to Premiere = horrible + problematic

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Ziggie, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Ziggie

Ziggie TiVo Since 2003

Jan 20, 2004
    Under a...
    Last night hubby and I sat down to watch The Amazing Race on our Premiere. We were streaming it from our new PRO. All I can say is it was nothing but a headache :(

During the course of what is supposed to be a one hour show, our Premiere stopped a total of 9 times saying it could not stream the show. It kept giving us some "V" error message.

It was so bad, we actually had to just turn it off and finish watching it on the PRO (which was the unit that recorded it).

So far, we're not happy with multi-room streaming :(

2. tatergator1

tatergator1 Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    I remember the thread on your long ordeal with setting up your home network, but not how you ultimately set everything up. For the benefit of all, could you please describe how each Tivo is connected to your network?

You experience is definitely not the norm and hopefully we can get it working the way it should.

3. jrtroo

jrtroo User

Feb 4, 2008
    Wired or wireless? What is the actual error message?

4. eric102

eric102 Member

Oct 31, 2012
    If you have a sketchy network you might want to try a transfer (instead of a stream) from the pro to the premier, you can start watching it right away and it usually results zero viewing problems.

5. shrike4242

shrike4242 Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Saint Louis, MO
    I've done multiple streaming sessions from the Roamio Pro in my basement to the Premiere XL in my kitchen as well as the Premiere XL4 in my master bedroom and I've never seen any issues that I can think of like you're describing, Ziggie.

All of my Tivo units are on MoCA and all except the Premiere XL are using their integrated MoCA adapters.

The only possible issue has been a couple of pixelization/video artifacting issues, which I could chalk up to channel-specific issues as they've all been from a single channel of recent.

6. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    This is absolutely related to your network. I watch almost every night on a Premiere, streaming from my PRO. Never a glitch. Ever. In fact, even if I have it recorded on the Premiere, I usually watch it on the PRO, so it can keep my place if I don't finish.