Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by NobleHeretic, Jan 1, 2014.
Kmttg will save season passes as well. I think it's on the "Remote" tab of the program.
Just curious because I'm in the market for one....what's your NAS box?
And yes......kmttg will save and transfer back season passes.
You guys are the BEST! I was stressing on the season pass thing.
I have a pretty old NAS it is an Infrant (now NetGear) ReadyNAS NV+. It is a full Raid (4 disk) box. It has a combined storage of about 1 TB with 4 x 320 Gb drives in it.
Must be Netgear Ready DLNA which includes TiVo ToGo under the hood. Most DLNA implementations out there do not support TiVo ToGo. You chose well.
Does it keep the Closed Caption after you move back to TiVo? I used ReadyTiVo and I don't have CC anymore after move out and back in TiVo.
Not sure about the CC, but as far as I know it is just moving the original .tivo file out and back, no decrypting, decoding or re-encoding. So I would think yes. I will test it when I move something back later tonight or tomorrow.
That problem is a TiVo bug with series 4 and later units. The captions are present in the stream following TTG transfer. The problem is for series 4 and later units if you transfer back in mpeg2 program stream container then TiVo wipes out the captions. You have to transfer back in mpeg2 transport stream container to preserve captions. pyTivo has a "ts=on" property you can enable to make sure when you transfer back that it remuxes to transport stream container when necessary.
In general if the goal is just to move everything back to TiVo and you want to preserve captions, you should download in TS container mode (TiVo Desktop and kmttg have options to turn that mode on/off). But even if you haven't done that, you can force it to transfer back and preserve captions using recent pyTivo with the above setting on.
Anyway, I think this discussion is getting way too far off topic for this thread.
Well, I got a new Roamio Plus today at Best Buy and brought it home and set it up and BAM everything works. Here is my process:
- Picked a new one that had a substantially different TSN (just in case)
- Called TiVo and gave them the new TSN and told them it was an exchange for the old one
- Checked the TiVo site to be sure the new TSN was in my account
- Attached the cable, network and HDMI first, then power (no CableCard installed)
- Powered up the Tivo
- Took it through guided set-up and said I will install CableCard later
- Waited for it to do all updates and boot into operational status
- Slide in the CableCard and went online to Verizon Live Chat and gave them the CableCard ID, Host and Data information
- Informed them they needed to do "Manually Validate Set Top Box" (all info was right in conditional access - ask me if you need more info on this)
- Tested all the channels including HBO and Cinemax, which were an issue on the activation of the first Roamio
- Went into the Netflix app which fired right up and entered my Netflix info, all good!
- Used KMTTG to move my season passes back to the new Roamio from my previous save, all good!
- Fired up my TiVo app on my iPhone, checked the box for in-house and out of house and it ran the set-up without error!!!! OMG!!!!
- Tested in-house, will have to wait for OOH until tomorrow, all good!!!!
- Forced a connection to TiVo service to get the guide info it did not seem to quite have until the CableCard was fully and properly paired
- Used my ReadyNAS DLNA with TTG support to move all my .tivo files back to the Roamio. Ok, it is still doing that at the moment, but progressing nicely.
Pretty psyched at this point!
No idea why it works now, but I can tell you for sure it has NOTHING to do with network configuration as I put my network back exactly the way it was before I started all this. It is either a hardware or an activation issue.
Thanks to everyone for their help through this very trying time.
You have confirmed, for me at least, that this is a hardware problem.
Your TSN is pretty close to mine, so am going to assume it's a defective batch
Just need to get a chance to return my Plus to the local BestBuy
Unacceptable! You should be going to the nearest McD's or Starbucks to test RIGHT NOW!
Congrats! What a PITA!
Hopefully Margret sees all you went through and looks into what happened. Still seems like a backend issue.
I'm not convinced it's a hardware problem. I still think it's a back end configuration issue. But regardless, the easiest way to reset the back end configuration is by getting a new unit/TSN.
I wouldn't think so either. Seems a hardware issue would show all the correct status codes etc.
Just for you Kevin:
I had a friend here activate the HotSpot on her iPhone, linked to it and turned on the TiVo app in my iPhone. It did make me run set-up again, but executed in a few seconds. Streamed through her hotspot to cellular and to my TiVo! Ba HA HA!
That's awesome! Congrats!
If you are seeing "Precondition Failed" when trying to set up streaming on your Roamio, please email me your TSN (firstname.lastname@example.org) and use the subject: "Precondition Failed".
Day late and a dollar short Margret
Margret - just sent you an email with my TSN.
Margret, we would like some input on what you find to be the issue when you are ready to let us know.
Yeah!!! Can't wait to see my streaming work on my Plus!!
Same email from Margret. Thanks, Margret!