1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stream and iPad 1

Discussion in 'TiVo Stream' started by Aero 1, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Aero 1

Aero 1 Member

Aug 8, 2007
    Anyone have this combo and does it work? i have the original ipad (holding out on upgrading till a retina mini) and i cant get it to stream or download to it. it initiates a recording or a transfer but it fails, saying the channel is not available or something went wrong.

i have an iphone 5 and it works fine, but not the ipad. i get the same errors with the 5 in some wifi dead spots that i have (as expected), but the ipad doesnt work at all next to the access point.

i cant find any info to see if the old ipad is not supported. wanted to see if someone got it working before i start troubleshooting/upgrading my wifi.

2. Shanezam203

Shanezam203 New Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Also curious how this works on iPad 1.

3. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Only tried on iPad2 and iPad3 here, both of those work.

Dan

4. Hilltopper06

Hilltopper06 New Member

Nov 16, 2010
    I have the original IPad and an IPad 3 and the stream works with both at the same time. I can't help you with the issues you may have but I can tell you this is works great on the IPad 1 (original). It does everything the IPad 3 does, it streams and downloads shows to take with you.

Hope this helps.

5. Aero 1

Aero 1 Member

Aug 8, 2007
    thanks, it does help. its exactly what i was looking for. now to troubleshoot....

6. Snake Plissken

Snake Plissken New Member

Nov 23, 2012
    I use the 1 and it works great

7. Arcady

Arcady Stargate Fan

Oct 14, 2004
    Philadelphia...
    Any iPad should just work as long as it isn't jailbroken. (There is a solution if it is.)

8. Shanezam203

Shanezam203 New Member

Jul 27, 2007
    why cant it be jailbroken?

9. Arcady

Arcady Stargate Fan

Oct 14, 2004
    Philadelphia...
    The TiVo app checks to see if it is jailbroken, and shuts off streaming if it is.

There's an app you can install that will fix it. I don't jailbreak, so I don't know the details.