1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stopped transfering

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by crosj, May 6, 2008.

1. May 6, 2008 #1 of 10
    crosj

crosj New Member

Jan 20, 2002
    Everything has been set up for a few months and it is all working just fine until just now. In my "list" I can see what is on my other Tivo. I select the program that I want to transfer and I get the blue screen that says "Please wait". So I wait and wait and NOTHING.. I was locked in and only thing to do was unplug. So like a dummy I did it again with another program. Same results..
    Any ideas?
    So I just tried going the other way- transfering from my HD to my other tivo. Nothing to transfer is what I am getting. So my HD tivo is "seeing" what is on my other tivo but my older tivo is seeing nothing.
    Help

2. May 6, 2008 #2 of 10
    windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Have you tried rebooting both TiVos? Reboot one, wait for it to come up, then reboot the other.

3. May 7, 2008 #3 of 10
    crosj

crosj New Member

Jan 20, 2002
    I only rebooted one. I will try the other...

4. May 8, 2008 #4 of 10
    crosj

crosj New Member

Jan 20, 2002
    It appears that all is back to normal with the rebooting of both units.
    Thanks

5. May 8, 2008 #5 of 10
    windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Good to hear. :up:

6. sparky365

sparky365 New Member

Jan 5, 2009
    My TiVo desktop plus has stopped reading the "now playing" list on my TiVo HD DVR. When I click "pick recordings to transfer", it idles for a minute then times out saying "The network connection was aborted by the local system". When I go to my TiVo box and check my desktop folder, everything is there. My DVR can read my computer, but my computer can't read my DVR... I just downloaded an update from Microsoft (Vista 64-bit) this morning, but I think this problem started before that. Even when I try and connect directly to the DVR via web browser, it comes back as a connection error...

7. ggieseke

ggieseke Active Member

May 30, 2008
    If you can't access it using https and your browser, the DVR's internal web server is locked up. A simple reboot should fix it.

8. jhamilton

jhamilton New Member

Aug 17, 2013
    brentwood ca
    attempting to transfer from series 4 to series 3. Blue light comes on but nothing transferred. cannot get the light to go off.

9. scole250

scole250 Member

Nov 8, 2005
    Goldsboro, NC
    See post #2.

10. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Also, you may need to cancel the pending transfer(s) from the to do list before you reboot.

Upon rebooting, try and transfer a different program. Could be corruption in the file you tried to transfer, causing the error.