1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stop recording recently deleted movies

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by osu1992, Aug 18, 2012.

1. osu1992

osu1992 New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Chicago
    Is there a way to prevent Tivo from re-recording recently deleted movies? Once I watch a recommended movie and delete it, I don't want Tivo to record it again in a month or two. I seem to be deleting the same movies again and again.

2. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Active Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    The TiVo only has a 28 day memory, so your only recourse would be to turn off suggestions.

edit: A "thumbs down" on the particular movie might work too, but I have no idea how much this would affect other suggestions.

3. crawlernight11

crawlernight11 New Member

Aug 9, 2012
    I stopped recording repeats with the Record New & Repeats. I haven't tried it with movies but for soap operas repeats it works well with New Only option. I have a doubt regarding the memory as it’s not even a month's memory, I wonder if this will work out for you. I would suggest you to give a try. If in case, this doesn't work, it's better to turn off your Auto recording if you wish.

4. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Active Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    The movies aren't being recorded by season passes where you have the choice of recording "NEW" only. How could they be? They are in all likelihood being recorded as "Suggestions".

Is there anyone out there with more experience in using suggestions who knows what the effect of one thumbs down on the movie would have? Turning off suggestions is the third thing I do when setting up a new TiVo (1. Guided Setup, 2. Turn off sound effects).