1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stop recording from Guide

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by Wpsiii, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Wpsiii

Wpsiii Member

Mar 15, 2015
    Occasionally while scrolling through the Guide I will see a suggested program recording. I can select the program in the Guide, press the Record button on my remote then select Stop Recording.

If I do this on my Roamio, the recording is cancelled, but on my Minis nothing happens and the recording continues. To stop the recording I have to go to My Shows -> Suggestions

Is this a bug or a feechur?

2. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    Why bother doing this at all?

3. Wpsiii

Wpsiii Member

Mar 15, 2015
    Doing what? Removing pograms that I don't want? Because I don't want them. And stopping the recording from the guide is quicker than removing them from My Shows later. But stopping from the guide only works from my Riomio not my Minis. I understand that the Minis so not support the same functionality as the Roamio. If a fucction is not supported it should not appear in the menu.

4. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    Deleting from suggestions is one button, clear, while deleting from the guide is multiple steps for each instance. Thus my question of going through the exercise to proactively delete before recording. I certainly have no issues with you doing it, but some think this activity "saves the hard drive" or "makes sure there is space for scheduled recordings".