1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Still no sign of the Stream on Amazon

Discussion in 'TiVo Stream' started by Rebate_King, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Rebate_King

Rebate_King New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Starting to wonder if the Stream wil only be available via TiVo.com or from Best Buy. If that is the case, I won't wait for a price break, because chances are it will be a long time for either of them to drop the price.

Now if it shows up on Amazon, I can see the price dropping fairly fast through them. PLus I get free shipping and no sales tax when I buy from Amazon.

2. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    If Best Buy has a 10% coupon you will at least be able to get that discount. They don't send the coupons out as often as they used to, but I hope they send out at least one more 10% off coupon this year. Although two would be even better. One for the stream and one for the Mini.

3. DCleary

DCleary New Member

Dec 20, 2008
  4. BlackBetty

BlackBetty I

Nov 5, 2004
    Cool. Now lets see how long before it drops on price. I predict we see $109 or less by Nov 15th.

5. danjw1

danjw1 New Member

Sep 13, 2005
    As far as I can tell, Amazon is not offering it. If you look it is sold by other merchants, not Amazon.

6. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Active Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago
    It was available from Amazon for pre-order and I added it to my Cart but did not place the order. It now shows in my Cart as

"This item is no longer available from the seller you selected."

It could be that it was offered by mistake or the pre-orders sold out.

7. rickydee

rickydee New Member

Nov 21, 2006
    Anyone else have their order cancelled by amazon today?

"Hello,

Due to a lack of availability, we will not be able to obtain the following item(s) from your order:

"TiVo TCDA94000 Stream Digital Video Recorder"

We've canceled the item(s) and apologize for the inconvenience. If you see a charge for the canceled item, we will refund you within 1-2 business days..."

What gives? That was pretty disappointing from amazon - to cancel and not give an option to wait??

8. rickydee

rickydee New Member

Nov 21, 2006
    FYI - Given Amazon cancelled - Crutchfield had seven in stock so ordered one there w/free 2 day shipping. :up:

9. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    TiVo may be trying to lock the price to MSRP and Amazon didn't want to agree to that so they just dropped the product completely. Or maybe they refused to sell it until the app worked on Android and was compatible with their Kindle Fire?

Dan

10. rickydee

rickydee New Member

Nov 21, 2006
    Still not very nice by Amazon - so they lost a sale for now - will be really annoyed if it comes back in stock in a few days too!!

11. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Active Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    Amazon has a couple requirements when it comes to listing items and that may have been the issue. I know Ceton ran into issues getting Amazon to initially list the InfiniTV4.

TiVo may still not have a ton of stock so may not be offering it to Amazon. All the Amazon listings have been from third party vendors iirc.

I could see it show up after the holidays.

12. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Amazon had it listed as an option for pre-order directly from them, not a 3rd party, for a few days. rickydee must have jumped in while it was available.

Dan

13. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Active Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    Ahh I missed that. I only saw the Weaknees listing on Amazon originally for preorder.

14. rickydee

rickydee New Member

Nov 21, 2006
    Exactly right - Amazon was the seller not a 3rd Party - and it was advertised as pre-order now - think that was on October 9th - and said available on the 15th - instead cancelled on 16th! :thumbsdown: Crutchfield shipped already so moot now.

15. ducker

ducker New Member

Feb 21, 2006
    MA
    Ours did... so let me rephrase the question... did anyone actually get one shipped from Amazon?

When ours was canceled, my wife made a good point... with the failure rate on these so high, maybe it would be best to get it from a local best buy instead of Amazon.

16. rickydee

rickydee New Member

Nov 21, 2006
    received mine today and seems to be working fine so far. 60 day guarantee so hope it fails soon if it is going to.

17. Ron DeGumbia

Ron DeGumbia New Member

Sep 18, 2012
    at the time of this posting, I show weaKnees listing Tivo Stream on Amazon with 9 units left available