1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starz CCI Byte set to 0x03

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by StanHen, Aug 10, 2014.

1. StanHen

StanHen New Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Anything that I record on Starz deletes after 90 minutes. My cable co. says Starz must have put copy protection Byte 0x03 on. My Tivo's all have the 0x03 byte on for Starz, but I can't find anything on the internet about Starz Having turned it on. Does anybody else have problems with keeping recordings from Starz

2. lessd

lessd Active Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    Just checked my Starz and it is set to 0x02 as it was, this is for Comcast Hartford CT.

3. eboydog

eboydog Just TiVo'ing.....

Mar 23, 2006
    That seems rather harsh, typically only premium PPV or high dollar PPV items receive that. I would push the issue as it's not typical, also if possible I would suggest that see if your cable company's DVR performs the same restriction on their DVR. If not you should insist that they change it.

Might check and see if all the Starz channels are set or if it just one or two?

http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/243

4. telemark

telemark New Member

Nov 12, 2013
    StanHen: can you tell us what CableCo and City?

5. StanHen

StanHen New Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Buckeye cablevision in Toledo Ohio

6. telemark

telemark New Member

Nov 12, 2013
    There have been cases where 0x03 was set improperly. I'm going out on a limb to say this, but I would assume that's what's going on.

You would have to raise this with Buckeye and escalate it until a RF engineer looks at it. It might get further along if there's some executive contact department.

Often the Cable Co points the finger at the content provider, but usually that's mis-direction. If you can get in front of a Buckeye DVR it might tell you something interesting.