1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars coming to Netflix streaming

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Hoffer, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Hoffer

Hoffer Captain Chaos

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    I just read that the final season of the show will be coming to Netflix streaming March 7th. The last season never aired on TV. There are 13 episodes.

Along with this, Netflix will also have The Clone Wars movie and all past seasons.

2. FrodoB

FrodoB Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Middleton, WI
    And apparently some director's cuts that were never aired as well.

3. timr_42

timr_42 New Member

Oct 14, 2001
    st louis, MO
    I guess this will make me finally pulll the Netflix trigger.

4. whitson77

whitson77 Active Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Does it wrap up the Asoka storyline? I could not find that. Really good series.

5. gastrof

gastrof Hubcaps r in fashion

Oct 31, 2003
    Potato and pen.
    Wasn't there another Clone Wars animated series that predated this one? What was the difference in the titles between the two? How do you tell them apart, and does one overwrite the other, or are both valid as far as Star Wars continuity goes?

Also, why in the world would the final season of the series not get aired?

6. Hoffer

Hoffer Captain Chaos

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    There was a Clone Wars movie that was basically the pilot to the TV show. They then had the series that was on Cartoon Network.

I had read that they always made the show like 2 years in advance. I guess they had this last season done and then the show got cancelled. Instead of tossing the show in the trash, Netflix paid some cash and will have it. I'm not sure if Disney buying Star Wars is why the show got cancelled??

There is a new Star Wars cartoon coming in the fall called Rebels.

7. billypritchard

billypritchard Embiggener

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    Don't forget there was the drawn animation Clone Wars that predates the computer animated one. I have no idea about 'continuity, but these short episodes were pretty awesome. I greatly enjoyed them. Very little talking, a lot of action.

[​IMG]

8. Hoffer

Hoffer Captain Chaos

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    I completely forgot about those. I actually have that on DVD. It is the only Clone Wars I own.

9. Mar 9, 2014 #9 of 14
    Turtleboy

Turtleboy Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 24, 2001
    Ft. Lauderdale
  10. morac

morac Cat God

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    It actually showed up Friday. I already watched 6 of the 13 episodes and so far they've been good. Just reminds me how much I despise CN for canceling all their good action shows and replacing them with crap.

On a unrelated note, I watched this on the Roamio Netflix client. For the first episode, it automatically went to the next episode, minimizing the screen during the credits. For future episodes it did not, it just went back to the episode list I played an old season 5 episode and it too wanted to go to the next one automatically. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. I can't figure out why, but I wish it was consistent.

11. morac

morac Cat God

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    I checked and I have volume 1 of this on DVD as well. There is virtually no continuation between that show and the CGI one, with 2 exceptions:

1. Ventress was introduced in the original animated series. Her general back story is the same, though this series fleshed her out much more.
    2. General Grevious's coughing throughout the 3rd film is a direct result of something that happens in the final episode. Actually the final episode of the first series shows Grievous capturing Papaltine, which leads directly into the opening scene of the 3rd film. Of note this series actually aired before Revenge of the Sith came out.

Other than that, there really was no continuation between that series and the newer one.

12. reddice

reddice Member

Mar 6, 2004
    Brooklyn NY
    Already watched the movie and started the series. I was watching the series on CN but then stopped because I had too many of them DVR'ed. Now I can watch them without commercials the way they suppose to be.

13. realityboy

realityboy Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Disney'a fault this time instead of Cartoon Network. This was canceled to make way for their new cartoon, Rebels, after they bought Lucasfilm.

14. billypritchard

billypritchard Embiggener

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    My kids started watching this weekend. Four episodes down, 95 to go!