1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Star Trek' star Patrick Stewart rips Time Warner Cable in Twitter po

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Johncv, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Johncv

Johncv Active Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Chula Vista, CA
    http://links.mkt1985.com/ctt?kn=127&ms=NDM1MjgyMwS2&r=MjUxOTIzMTYyMDES1&b=0&j=MTMxMDQ4MDY1S0&mt=1&rt=0

Time Warner Cable drew headlines from media outlets nationwide earlier this week after actor Patrick Stewart complained in a Twitter post about difficulties he had installing cable TV at his new apartment in Brooklyn, N.Y. "All I wanted to do was set up a new account with [Time Warner Cable] but 36hrs later I've lost the will to live," Stewart wrote in the Twitter post. The MSO's customer service team responded in its own Twitter post, offering to help, but Stewart said that it was too late. ABC's Good Morning America discussed the incident, saying that it is "finally proof that even if you're rich and famous, dealing with the cable company can still be an exercise in futility."

2. vman41

vman41 Omega Consumer

Jun 18, 2002
    Maybe he forgot to say "Make it so."

What, too obvious?

3. Kenny4200

Kenny4200 New Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Where's number 1 .... and the ship's engineer to order around :mad:

4. Worf

Worf Active Member

Sep 15, 2000
    Finally proof that being a starship captain is nothing compared to dealing with the (@#@*& cable company.

The Borg are probably easier to deal with.

5. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Goerdi would have been able to figure things out. Too bad he wasn't around.

6. lrhorer

lrhorer New Member

Aug 31, 2003
    San...
    Oh, well, yeah. The Borg are a lot less inimical, weild a lot less power, and their representatives are not nearly as stupid or drone-like as TWC CSRs. Altogether, engaging in battle with the Borg is much more pleasant than trying to battle TWC. That's why I finally told them to shove it up their wazoo, and ordered service with another provider.

7. lrhorer

lrhorer New Member

Aug 31, 2003
    San...
    As much as Time Warner and Paramount play footsie with one another, it wouldn't be surprising to me if Time Warner has optioned Levar Burton's contract. IOW, he's probably been assimilated! :D

8. dsnotgood

dsnotgood New Member

Aug 25, 2010

All he would have done is reverse the polarity anyways.

9. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    :D:D:up: