1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sports team pass

Discussion in 'TiVo Suggestion Avenue' started by aphoid, Dec 13, 2016.

1. aphoid

aphoid New Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Please come up with a feature for having an easy way to record a college or professional sports team with a OnePass. I have been using Wishlists for this and it just doesn't work well.

This is likely not as big of a problem for professional sports (one could put "<MASCOT>"+"NFL Football" in a Wishlist), but for college sports, particularly fans of public universities, this is an ongoing problem, and has been since the dawn of TiVo...

My example might be somewhat extreme: I want to record North Carolina (aka UNC) basketball. If I just set "College Basketball" and "North Carolina" I get the UNC games, but I also get UNCW, UNC-Charlotte, UNC-Asheville, UNC Greensboro, NC Central, and North Carolina State. For a first order exclusion list, I can do "-Wilmington", "-Central" "-Charlotte" and "-Greensboro", but excluding "State" doesn't work any year (they are in same conference and play twice a year), and they play some of the other UNC's in other years.

BRiT wtfdotcom likes this.
  2. bradleys

bradleys It'll be fine....

Oct 31, 2007
    I agree - TiVo should really develop a sports center... You shouldn't even have to look for them, so much cool integration they could do.

3. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    I don't even watch sports and I think this is a great idea.

4. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    Agreed. DIRECTV has one that is hard coded to teams. You pick from a list.

I don't record sports but finding them easily would be nice.

5. alexb

alexb Active Member TCF Club

Jan 4, 2003
    Kirkland, WA
    Definitely nice idea, I really liked the sports stuff on X1 with good logos etc.
    Wish list worked well for sehawks since I had my TiVo - but only once is said new episodes and category sports:sports event - though someone here told me how to do it, not intuitive, so proper sports centre would be great.

6. bradleys

bradleys It'll be fine....

Oct 31, 2007
    aphoid likes this.
  7. No1hedberg

No1hedberg New Member

Mar 14, 2013
    Please make this happen. I've been dreaming of this option for a long time. Root Sports also replays baseball and hockey games at night, usually around midnight of that days game. It's condensed, so it is a define length and al, the intermissions, and boring stretches are cut out. No padding recordings or missing the end of a game because the recording stopped. It would be nice if there were a way to record just those replays. I haven't figured out how to do this with Wishlists tho.