1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

South Park 10/16/2013

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by trainman, Oct 17, 2013.

1. trainman

trainman Nice to see you

Jan 29, 2001
    Sherman...
    Due to a power outage at South Park Studios, Matt and Trey missed their deadline this week, so the scheduled episode, "Goth Kids 3: Dawn of the Posers," didn't air.

It's supposed to air next Wednesday, 10/23, and you may need to set that manually, for the usual "your TiVo/DVR thinks it already got recorded" reason.

2. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    My Guide data seems to have been updated and the "re-airing" is scheduled in my To Do List. Thanks for the heads-up, though! I was wondering why there were no goth kids in the episode that aired last night. :rolleyes:

3. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    My SP did not pick up the re-airing, I had to schedule it myself.

4. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    1st time in the history of South Park that they missed the deadline.

Also explains why the guide data doesn't have any specifics until day of air.

phox

5. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I'm not sure what you mean by specifics. Do you mean episode title, or summary or what?

For years, as long as I've been paying attention, South Park's *initial* run (in the first week)
    has original air date and sometimes-but-I-don't-think-always episode title. Rarely a summary. I know since when I used to have only 2 tuners, I'd have the SP high enough that it would often want to record the Wed showing, but I would manually reschedule it to the usually-sunday-at-11pm showing, that I would determine is the right one via the OAD being correct.

6. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    My DirecTV DVR doesn't ever have the episode title until day of air, at least not that I've ever noticed.

I have it set to record first run only, and it always schedules the new episode on Wednesday even with the lack of any information, occasionally it will schedule the first couple of reruns of the new episode, but once it records it on Wednesday, it removes the reruns from the todo list.

There have been a couple instances of the episode title never filling in, but it still manages to record it.

phox

7. mrschimpf

mrschimpf Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Looks like you'll have to do a manual recording for the 10pm airing on Wednesday; for some bizarre reason my TiVo took what was the 'repeat' airing before the new episode from the last week as still a new episode and the actual new 1704 as a repeat. And even worse, their new show @midnight kills the rerun re-airing for those who have too much scheduled at 10pm, so miss it then, who knows when it airs again? :mad:

ETA - Not confined to TiVo; anyone using both Trib and Rovi/TV Guide listings (aka Dish and Comcast TV Guide boxes too) had the same issue, which wasn't corrected even up to broadcast time.

8. alauppe

alauppe New Member

Jun 24, 2006
    Michigan
    I guess I didn't know this stuff happened. How do you guys find out about these things?

9. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    Subscribe to this forum (just this one, not all the TCF forum). You'll get an email any time someone creates a thread. There aren't that many threads created, so you won't get too many emails.

10. Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    Well.... that episode could've been missed... :D

11. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    The revised opening was funny ...

12. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am