1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound Bar Power

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by dave13077, Jan 12, 2014.

1. dave13077

dave13077 Member

Jan 11, 2009
    I just installed a new sound bar. I was able to use the A/V remote programming (holding down Tivo button and mute button) to control the volume and mute. I would now like to use the remote (regular Tivo remote and not the GLO remote) to also power the sound bar on and off. I already have the remote set to power on and off my tv so if I try to program the remote power button with the sound bar code also will it turn both the TV and sound bar on and off or is it just one or the other?

2. lgnad

lgnad Pantless Mofo

Feb 14, 2013
    The power button can be programmed to power on/off a second device. Use the same code that the volume and mute working on the soundbar, and you should hopefully be all set.

googled it, one of many results: (from http://blog.tivo.com/2010/08/guest-p.../#.UtL5zfQ7f0c )

"People also seemed to be confused about what the remote controls can do. Start with Messages & Settings -> Settings -> Remote, CableCARD, & Devices -> Remote Control. The TiVo remote can control the power on BOTH your TV and receiver. Program the TV power like normal, then do the procedure again – only this time enter the IR code number for your receiver (maybe it’s receiver first than TV, but the point is it can do both). One press sends both signals. I’ve been using this feature for many years now, it is very convenient. Also, the TiVo Series3, Glo, TiVo HD XL, and Premiere XL remotes are all learning remotes – so even if it doesn’t have the IR code you need, several buttons can be programmed by ‘learning’ from your existing remote"