1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sons of Anarchy - "Poenitentia" - 9/24/13

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Archangel00, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Archangel00

Archangel00 New Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Gulf Coast
    Clay lives, (yet again!), Tig dies :(
    I do NOT accept that!:mad: (Irish be DAMNED!)

How gruesome was the "bottle opening" scene! YIKES!:eek:

What do you know, twist off... LOL

Wish they would just go ahead and spin off Bobby and his nomads into it's own series and get on with that story. (seems like what is ultimately going to happen anyway)

2. Ment

Ment Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    Why do shows continue to show silencers like your shooting a blowgun?

Did not need to see Robocops vinegar strokes...

Clay: Bet Tig isn't dead...do you know you need me for the Irish once again? :)

3. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Probably the same reason I suspect they always say "Revelations" for "Book of Revelation"...if they get it right, most people will assume they got it wrong.

I'm starting to get the impression the ex-marshal might not be entirely sane...

4. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    So my wife thinks I am crazy, but here are my thoughts on Tara. The pregnancy is bulls#!+. She is about to break away from a family that don't allow to break away, and I am pretty sure she is about to toss Jax and all of SAMCRO under the legal bus. I think she will use the pregnancy as cover to get some time before a hit is put on her until she can go into WitSec or get out of the country.

Thoughts?

5. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Your wife is a wise woman. :D

While it is theoretically possible that Tara could have faked the medical test results, she was far too conflicted about it for it to be a ruse.

6. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    You realize the more I get push back on this the more I will dig in my heels and say I am right, right? :D

The way the reveal was handled, in this episode and the last episode where she asked her boss about doing some pregnancy blood work, was presented in a particular way.

Last week she takes her boss into her office and looks around to see if anyone is around before asking her boss for the blood work. It looked like she wanted to keep things quiet. That would have made sense if she was trying to keep the information from Jax and Gemma or anyone else. But then this week she not only tells Gemma first and early on in her 'pregnancy', but the show runners feel the need to show Jax (and us) the paperwork showing she is pregnant. Why? It seems like a lot of work to convince the audience that she is in fact pregnant, but we'll see.

;)

7. BlearyEyed

BlearyEyed BlearyEyed

Jun 11, 2002
    Colorado...
    Anybody thinking that Bobby has some other plan than going Nomad? If Tig is in fact gone, SAMCRO would be down to Jax, Chibbs, Happy, Juice and Phil? (Is he a full member?)

In the past season or two they've lost Clay, Opie, Piney, Rat, Kozick, Bobby, the 3 former Nomads who helped Clay, and potentially Tig. Did I miss any? SAMCRO is not good for your long or short term health. Jax mentioned how his club charter would fold if he didn't have enough members, plus just for the purposes of having a show how can you only have 4-5 members and keep the storylines going?

Just seems like a lot of time being put into the Bobby story if the end game is he goes Nomad and floats off into the distance.

8. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    What are you thinking, hostile takeover of Charmin by Bobby? I think he is not starting up Nomads, but moving elsewhere to start a new chapter altogether.

9. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    And when did Rat die, did I miss something?

10. Beryl

Beryl Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Texas
    And the DA-Lady knows it. I loved the sign this statement "to protect me from your crazy" scene.
    I agree you but I don't think the doctor is that smart. She blabs too much about the wrong things and doesn't reveal what she should.

11. Archangel00

Archangel00 New Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Gulf Coast
    Ratboy is alive, still a prospect, but alive.

Tara isn't smart enough to do something like that, but she is certainly stupid enough to try I guess. But, who knows what her and Lowen (the brains of the operation) are up to. We'll just have to wait and see.

12. Linnemir

Linnemir Member

Apr 7, 2009
    I'm not sure you're completely right, but yeah, she's planning *something* - and I think it involves Wendy and the guardianship. Wendy was scamming Gemma with the tale of the AA guy threatening her. She knew just which buttons to push to make Gemma sympathetic to her - and just how did she know that if not from Tara?

IIRC, the lawyer told Tara that what she'd written up did not implicate either Tara or Jax in illegal activity - so I"m not sure that she's going to throw the gang under the legal bus.

Not sure what's going on, but she's got a plan ...

13. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    I doubt Tig is dead, if he was going to die, Sutter would have showed it.
    Pope II is going to keep him alive for some dastardly purpose.

Such a tiny "silencer" as well.
    You need a "suppressor" a lot larger than that to quiet down anything bigger than a .22.

phox

14. Martha

Martha Member

Oct 6, 2002
    South Carolina
    I agree "something" is up with Tara. If she just needed a pregnancy test, she could swing by CVS and pick one up. I don't know anybody that goes to a medical facility to see if they're pregnant anymore.

I'm guessing her friend, the administrator, fudged the results for her so she would have some kind of "proof".

Why? I have no idea. :confused:

15. BlearyEyed

BlearyEyed BlearyEyed

Jun 11, 2002
    Colorado...
    Sorry, I was thinking of Miles, who Juice killed in the woods. Good catch. I think Bobby has a genuine love for the club, and isn't going to make it so much a "hostile" takeover as a "we have me and my four new members (votes) that want into SAMCRO" so that he would have a voting block to make changes to send the club in the direction that he thinks is most appropriate.

16. Idearat

Idearat New Member

Nov 26, 2000
    Gilroy
    Once they started talking instead of shooting I thought I caught what was going on. Since "Pope II" strongly suspects it was Jax who killed Pope, or at least set him up, he'll use Tig to get to Jax.

That would leave us with:
    Clay turning on Jax to keep from being killed in jail and Tig turning on Jax to keep from getting killed also. Both of these guys are at risk of being killed by the same guy/group and both have a temporary stay on that execution by being useful somehow.

Meanwhile Tara is up to something.

Any Wendy now gets a gun from Gemma by faking being abused. We know though that the last person to actually abuse and threaten her with more abuse was: Jax.

Jax is liable to find that having all of his problem people dealt with by proxy wasn't a great way to delegate.

17. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I wonder what that gun might be tied to, forensically-speaking?

18. Beryl

Beryl Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Texas
    I wondered the same thing when Gemma said it was clean.

19. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Things don't look so good in Tigville. Wait, who am I kidding? This is Sons Of Anarchy. Clay should have been dead two years ago and he's still alive and killing people. Tig should have been killed thirty seconds after the screen went black because he's so stupid and unreliable but Sutter will weasel in some implausible way to keep him alive because he's a popular character.

I think I liked Torric better before we knew he was coo-coo for Cocoa Puffs.

I have no idea what Wendy is up to. Can't be good for Gemma though.

20. uncdrew

uncdrew Annie 2.0

Aug 6, 2002
    Down South