1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sons of Anarchy - "One One Six" - 9/17/13

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Archangel00, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Archangel00

Archangel00 New Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Gulf Coast
    omg KEV! and DEWEY! :eek: hahaha

One great thing about this show, it sure keeps a lot of (usually great) actors working.
    Let's see we've got the long standing The Shield/Deadwood ties. Now Shameless, Southland, and for a brief moment The Mentalist. (adore Samaire Armstrong so much and hate to see her go so fast :() I'm sure I've missed some others.

Never been a big Jimmy Smits fan pre SOA, but he is killing it in his role as Nero. I can't imagine anyone else playing that role, and that in and of itself should be testimony to just how good he is.

Donal Logue is one of the best, most underrated, actors ever. He kills it in everything he does, from farcical to high drama.

A bit surprised and glad the Arcadio/Darvany drama was ended so quickly. But a bit sad that Samaire Armstrong was only with us so briefly too.

Did we see that maybe Torric's "problem" may be more than just drug abuse? Does the drug use/abuse maybe stem from an actual ailment?

2. markz

markz Hilarity Ensues

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    That scene with him banging is hands on the table was odd. I bet you are right. Something is up with that.

3. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    He banged his hands so that when he forged Clay's signature it would not look smooth like someone with capable hands, but rather shaky like someone suffering from arthritis. That was my take on it.

4. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    Are all episodes this season going to be an hour and a half?

5. markz

markz Hilarity Ensues

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    Well that makes sense! Thanks for the insight. I didn't catch that at all.

My only problem with that is, he would have only had to do that to the writing hand, not both.

6. Fahtrim

Fahtrim New Member

Apr 12, 2004
    Missouri
    That was bugging me. It was Kev from Shameless!! Thanks for hooking me up.

Jax has done and "broke bad" pretty much.

No way that Tara gets out imo......

7. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    Was it just me, or did they both look unhappy with the reunion sex?

8. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    Hmm, good point.

Maybe he wanted to be thorough. :D

9. rimler

rimler New Member

Jun 29, 2002
    The lawyer is nuts for representing Tara against Jax in a divorce and child custody battle. Its one thing to be a dirty lawyer but another to have a death wish.

10. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    Obvious why they had to bury Arcadio in the middle of the woods, but why bury Darvany?

Wouldn't it make more sense to sneak her back home and have it be a overdose of grief in her own bedroom?
    Now we have a mysterious disappearance on top of where did the kid get the gun.

phox

11. Martha

Martha Member

Oct 6, 2002
    South Carolina
    I laughed when Gemma complimented Tara on her hair. I thought it looked like somebody cut it with a weedeater.

I agree they weren't too happy with the reunion sex; they didn't even kiss or hug when she walked out of jail. Jax just handed her the helmet and they took off. Cold.

The commercial for American Horror Story at 28:00 completely skeeved me out. The fact that it was the first thing at the end of that scene and the last thing on again before the show started back made it hard to completely avoid.

12. Fahtrim

Fahtrim New Member

Apr 12, 2004
    Missouri
    An autopsy would show the pillow fibers.

13. Archangel00

Archangel00 New Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Gulf Coast
    Maybe, disregarding what we were shown was pretty much the exact opposite of that.
    One can only hope

14. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I know they can't do it but this show without Gemma and Tara would be great.

Does Torric know that Diosa is owned by Nero and SAMCRO or was he just being a horn dog?

The Irish just don't give a bleep.

15. Archangel00

Archangel00 New Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Gulf Coast
    It's still great even with them. It would be stellar without. Love Katey Sagal, and she does a fantastic job with the material that's given her, but Gemma has just become little more than an grating annoyance. Can't stand Maggie Siff or her character. She's probably the single worst actor that's ever been on this show. Top 2 or 3 anyway.

Love the mystery they keep spinning around Torric. Could be it ends up being a little of both.

I chuckled pretty hard at that little scene too. Probably the least stomach churning scene involving those two in a very long time.

16. Beryl

Beryl Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Texas
    Tara's hair is whack.

I like the actors added this season - - CCH Pounder and C. Thomas Howell.

The bizarre and often bent lineup of characters in law
    enforcement is fascinating. Of them, I enjoyed Linc Potter most and Ally Walker did such a good job at Stahl that I cheered her demise.

17. uncdrew

uncdrew Annie 2.0

Aug 6, 2002
    Down South
    ...and...shaky or not, it still might not look like Clay's signature at all.

18. Langree

Langree The Gimp

Apr 29, 2004
    Freezinmyass...
    Also here eyes would give away suffocation.

Why is EX Marshall being allowed to run roughshod here? In a case involving his dead sister. Really, he has no authority to do almost anything they are showing him do.

19. uncdrew

uncdrew Annie 2.0

Aug 6, 2002
    Down South
    I think someone already mentioned it, but this show is making me thing the U.S. Marshalls are all loony-toon whack jobs.

Of course we have Raylan Givens to balance it all out.

20. Langree

Langree The Gimp

Apr 29, 2004
    Freezinmyass...
    Add to that, the forged papers get everything thrown out.

But I think he intends to get Clay dead before to long.