1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sons of Anarchy - "Laying Pipe" - 9/25/12

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Archangel00, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Archangel00

Archangel00 New Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Gulf Coast
    :(

2. Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    Poor Opie, that family sure was hit hard. First his wife, then his father and now him.

3. gchance

gchance 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 6, 2002
    Olivehurst, CA
    FREAKING Yahoo, man. It's 9:30pm, hasn't aired on the West Coast yet... they spoiled Opie in a headline. :(

It's a sad state of YAMM (sorry, had to add that).

Greg

4. Ment

Ment Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    This show is too intense! The man JT wanted Jax to be has been bled out of him.

I really like the scenes with Tara and Gemma, 2.0 indeed :)

5. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Between this, Warehouse 13, and Hell On Wheels, this has been the week for "Dang! Didn't see THAT coming!"

Clearly Pope has no clue all the different kinds of hell that are going to rain down on him.

6. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    My wife thought about swearing off the show after Dawn's brutal death. Seeing Opie get it has finished her.

I am still in for the long haul, but lord I hope something starts going right soon. If Jax and Tara keep slipping more into Clay and Gemma, things will be sad indeed.

So was that Ashley Tisdale that gave Clay his 'massage'?

If so that was a bit part, unless she will be back later.

7. Idearat

Idearat New Member

Nov 26, 2000
    Gilroy
    It comes on at 7pm on the west coast.

8. NatasNJ

NatasNJ Bone marrow lover!

Jan 7, 2002
    Philly
    Huh? I think Dawn & Opie have made this show GOOD again. This years story line and towards the end of last season really REV'd up this series. There was a year there were it got a tad stale. I love when things start spiraling out of control. Loved watching Jax helpless knowing someone was going to die. Now he is out and is going to probably blow things up big time.

Super Excited for this series again...

9. tlc

tlc Member

May 29, 2002
    There was a shot of Jax's face -- I think after telling Tig he's getting out -- where I really started seeing him look like Clay. Just as Tara has visually transformed into Jemma.

So, he told Pope he could have Tig later. It's probably the plan to wipe out Pope before that happens. But could it be that he really doesn't care about troublemaker Tig anymore? Either way, Pope dies at the end of the season.

10. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    I guess I should provide context. It is not because she thinks the show is bad because of the deaths, it is because as a mother she felt Tig's pain as his daughter burned and because over the years she has got used to Opie being a permanent piece on the show on top of his family always being **** on and now he gets a beat to death. Plus his kids now have nothing left but a crazy grandmother.

It's all fiction, but it is still impactful.

11. gchance

gchance 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 6, 2002
    Olivehurst, CA
    So then, Yahoo was in the right?

Greg

12. chronatog7

chronatog7 Ill 'Gotten Gains!

Aug 26, 2004
    Miami, Florida
    This season is becoming one of the best.
    The Opie scene hurt. Watching Jax seeing the fight and the other members not looking was very impactful.

We are seeing Jax becoming a hard core member. He is shredding the last hope of "can we just get along" mentality.

I love when he got out of the whole and he told the guard he was going to kill him. Looking forward to Pope's death. NO HOPE FOR POPE.

13. Idearat

Idearat New Member

Nov 26, 2000
    Gilroy
    Beats me.
    Your complaint said that it was was spoiled before it aired. You said that posted it at 9:30, which would actually be 2 1/2 hours after it started ( or 90 mins after it ended ). What is the statute of limitations on spoilers? Given so many people have DVRs now lots of people are time shifting, so any period of time could still spoil it for some one.

Maybe putting it the headline was bad (I didn't see it) but I know if you posted that Opie was beat to death in a thread title here the villagers would be after you with torches and pitchforks.

14. Ment

Ment Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    FYP. :)

15. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    3 episode arc according to the internets, and Mr. Sutter.

I just have to say wow to the whole episode.
    Knew someone was going to die, but no way it would be any of the main characters, then bam! it was.

I must be way to invested in this show, I had a hard time watching anything else after watching this, then it took a while to fall asleep.

Why couldn't it have been Bobby, or Juice, or another one of the prospects?

It had to be Ope to set everything in motion and get Jax where he needs to be.

Really looking forward to the promise made to the prison guard fulfilling itself though.
    "I will find out who you are and where you live, then I am going to kill you"

phox

16. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    I'm blown away by this episode. I looked up and couldn't believe the whole show was already done.

I am bummed bummed bummed that Opie is gone. First thing I thought of was his kids, can you tell I'm a mom!?!

I will be sticking with it, but I'm not at all liking the path things are going down right now. And good for Tara for standing up to Gemma. Gemma has done gone back sh*t crazy!!

17. Archangel00

Archangel00 New Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Gulf Coast
    I'm still speechless.........:(

18. mrdazzo7

mrdazzo7 Active Member

Jan 8, 2006
    I didn't have time to watch last night but was overly eager so I clicked the thread just to see if teh first line or two revealed a vibe ("Holy crap, what a good episode!" or (" This show sucks now--worst episode ever")... I knew it was risky but I couldn't help it. All I saw was a sad face and "poor opie" so I figured he'd be gone. I wish I didn't do that because I would have been watching the whole episod ewondering what Sutter would come up with to get the four of them out of that situation (thinking they were all main characters and it's only the third episode so there's no way he'd kill one of them)... but since I knew something happened to Opie, it killed the suspense a little bit.

And if I hadn't read the post I would have known someone died because before I had gotten to that part of the episode I had to jump online and when I clicked on Yahoo it was all "Major character death shocks viewers" with a picture of SOA, lol. It didn't say it was Opie though. Dit specifcially say what happened in the headline posted last night? That's ridiculous to me. I get that "technically" once an episode airs it's fair game but given how DVR heavy society is now, there's no excuse for stuff like that. It's an issue of ettiquite. What they did today was more acceptable--it's the day after, and they didn't just blurt out who it was on the Yahoo home page.

Anyway, this is gearing up to be one of the best seasons to date (I say that every season)...so much stuff going on I almost need a note pad with me when I watch. I hope Jax follows through on his threat to the guard--the best part of dispicable a**hole characters like that is when the universe finally collects. And I can't wait to see what they do to Pope. Ordinarily it'd be a moral gray area (they did kill his daughter after all, so him getting revenge isn't crazy), but at this point, he took the game to whole new level and will have to be dealt with. It's gonna be awesome when that finally happens.

19. AliaDoh

AliaDoh Under the Radar

Apr 23, 2005
    Bellingham, WA
    I have had major plot twists from various shows spoiled for me by Entertainment Weekly magazine, often very soon after the show has played. One I can remember off the top of my head was the major event near the end of the first season of Game of Thrones. It really would have been nice to be able to watch that without foreknowledge!

20. gossamer88

gossamer88 HDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    The Niner Pope wanted in exchange was not Ope's equal. I too can't wait when he gets his.