1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sons of Anarchy - "Darthy" - OAD 11/28/12

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by VegasVic, Nov 28, 2012.

1. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    Stupid Wendy threatening Jax.

Donal Logue's Toric character might be interesting if he sticks around awhile.

Clay finally gets a beatdown but is still hanging around. Ugh.

Pope was interesting earlier in the season, now he's barely on the show. Enjoyed the first half of the season, second half not as much.

2. NJ_HB

NJ_HB TiVo/MCE/PSP

Mar 21, 2007
    Piscataway,...
    What will happen to Tig? I hope he survives. I have seen no evidence that Jax is working to undermine or double cross Pope. My guess they save all this drama for next season so there has to be a...CLIFF HANNGER! Nooooo.....

3. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    Pope will die and Tig will live. Jax still wants revenge for Opie. He got the guard, he got the guy who did the kill, next is Pope. But you're right, it may not happen next week, it could carry over.

4. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I like Pope. He's interesting. I hope he doesn't get killed. At least he kills the people who need killing when they need to be killed. Unlike Jax, who still hasn't killed Clay. It'd be kinda sad if Pope was killed by any of these SAMCRO knuckle draggers.

Jax must have stupid women radar. My inner voice yelled "Boy, that's dumb!" when Wendy threatened Jax. She should have done everything she said she was going to do but she shouldn't have said so to Jax.

Why didn't the CIA/cartel guys kill Gaalen? I would have. What do they need him for?

5. Idearat

Idearat New Member

Nov 26, 2000
    Gilroy
    Tara's going to have to find a new emergency mom for her sons. Tig seems to have survived late into his supposed last day. During the voting Juice looked as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. It was odd during the voting that Clay killing Piney ( and conspiring to kill Jax's dad ) didn't come up. Maybe unnecessary to the show if Bobby was never going to vote for Mr. Mayhem due to his deal with Clay.

6. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Well, he's looking for work and he has law enforcement experience. That could suck for SAMCRO.

Then again, we are no doubt meant to assume that his arsenal is not intended for display purposes only.

I still think Pope has to die (for story purposes), since they've built him up to be too formidable a foe for SAMCRO to go up against, and too much of an enemy for them to live with him forever. I keep waiting for evidence that Jax is maneuvering him to be killed by someone else, but if it's there I'm missing it.

It's also interesting that the CIA/cartel guys botched (seemingly on purpose) the weapons deal, and the relationship between SAMCRO and the IRA. I can't figure what's up with that.

But there sure are a lot of angry, violent, well-armed men with grudges against each other (and a couple of women, though not as well-armed). I have to assume that with all that heightened testosterone waiting to explode, there will be ample opportunities for the writers to get Pope killed, even if Jax can't manage the trick.

7. gossamer88

gossamer88 HDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    That was the cruelest, coldest thing Jax has ever done (Wendy), and that's saying a lot!

8. tlc

tlc Member

May 29, 2002
    It didn't come up because they had no proof. The stuff that did come up, Clay confessed to, as part of his deal with Bobby.

A well done scene! I really thought it was a gun.

My vote for next year's nemesis.

9. jeepair

jeepair Member

Apr 21, 2004
    I'd have asked for a tatoo removal instead of blacking it out which is patching over?

When Jax was talking to Pope's 2nd in command I get the feeling he will Kill Pope and hope #2 is ok with that.

10. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    If Jax aims to kill Pope in the short run (the season finale) why bring him in on Charming Heights?

This show did the unthinkable. It made me like Clay more than Jax in the last two or three episodes.

How many people know that Juice killed a fellow SAMCRO member? Jax, Clay and Chibs? Why is Juice still breathing?

Darthy? Anybody know what the episode title references.

11. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member TCF Club

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    Did you SEE the last tattoo removal they showed???

12. Idearat

Idearat New Member

Nov 26, 2000
    Gilroy
    Using a torch. I was wondering if that was Mr. Mayhem: the method of tattoo removal.

13. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I think "mayhem" means murder. I remember Juice getting a "Men Of Mayhem" patch after he killed someone.

14. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    Anyone in the club who has a patch that says 'Men of Mayhem' has killed on behalf of the club. When they vote for someone to meet Mr. Mayhem, like they did with Frankie 'Diamonds', they are voting to assassinate someone.

Useful link for patches:

http://sonsofanarchy.wikia.com/wiki/Patches

15. uncdrew

uncdrew Annie 2.0

Aug 6, 2002
    Down South
    Agreed on all of this.

You can see why Pope is King, and I like his character. I do, however, think Jax will kill him. That interaction with Pope's #2 seemed to confirm it for me.

Wendy has a chance to get back into her son's life and then threatens Jax? Wow, stooopid...

So what is Pope's play with Charming Heights?

16. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    I don't think there is a play. I think he will legitimately invest in it. He is as much businessman as he is gangster.

17. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Except Jax knows that killing Pope puts a death sentence on the assassin...from an organization that's way out of the Sons' league.

So either Jax has to trick somebody else into doing the killing and taking the resultant bullet, or he has to get lucky.

18. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    But Jax needs Pope for Charming Heights. Also, Pope can be a valuable mentor to Jax. I'm more Nostradumbass than Nostradamus but I see some other revenge scenario playing out. More of a long con deal where Jax profits from Pope's involvement in Charming Heights but Pope somehow gets stripped of power. Now watch Jax shoot Pope between the eyes in the first 30 seconds of next week's episode. :)

19. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Did you see the look on Jax's face when he was talking about Pope?

That was not the look of a man thinking about his mentor or business partner. That was the look of a man wishing he didn't have to wait a whole 15 minutes before torturing somebody to death.

But Pope has made it clear that he can't be killed without fatal repercussions, and Jax has made it clear that he believes him. So he'll have to find another way...but there's only one episode left, right? So unless he's been a lot more subtle than I realize, he doesn't have much of a plan going on.

But as I said, at this point there are so many people looking to throw so many bullets in so many directions, it will be easy to write one of those bullets hitting Pope.

20. frankmint

frankmint New Member

Feb 1, 2004
    Near...
    Right, that "loyal, or patient" line might be setting up a future for both, without Pope.