1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So new to TiVo I'm confused...Help!

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Casanova666, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Casanova666

Casanova666 New Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Okay, I have a TiVo Series 4 provided by cable company and working fine with suggestions up til about 3-4 days ago.

Software version 20.2.2.1-01-2-Z-746

The way mine is setup you go to TiVo/my shows, scroll down to suggestions. Inside would be already recorded suggestions with a link at bottom to "Improve my suggestions" and inside there would be my thumb ratings. Now there are no suggestions being recorded, and I only have a default message saying basically to do some thumbs ups and check back later. It's been that way for days now.

Now I'm confused because looking around I went to TiVo/find movies and tv/tv/ suggestions, inside there are lots of movies and things TiVo "I guess is suggesting" but not recording. I can also get to thumbs up edit and improve from this screen now, but not getting to it like i mentioned above in the first paragraph.

I'm so confused. Can someone tell me if that's how it's supposed to work or exactly HOW it is supposed to work? Please, I'm going crazy here.......very OCD.

2. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Active Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    Random guess, does your cable company require the use of a tuning adapter with your TiVo?

I've read a number of people have experienced a bug or issue where a TiVo connected to a tuning adapter will stop recording suggestions. Apparently rebooting it can briefly correct the problem, but I've never heard of a permanent fix in this setup.

(Sorry I can't be more helpful, but I don't have any first hand experience with SDV (switched digital video) or the tuning adapters it required)

3. Casanova666

Casanova666 New Member

Feb 16, 2013
    I'm not exactly sure what a tuning adapter is, but I don't think I have one. The only pieces of equipment I have is the tivo, wireless adapter which plugs in via USB and my tivo does have a cable card inserted into the back of the tivo.