1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, I have this old Tivo...

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by purplesahm, Oct 17, 2013.

1. purplesahm

purplesahm New Member

Oct 17, 2013
    I have a DirecTV Hughes SD-DVR80. I've had it for...I don't even know how long. But when we moved to this house several years ago, we got rid of DirecTV and this poor Tivo has been sitting in a closet holding all our old shows.

So, my question is (besides hooking it up to a TV), is there a way to get the recorded shows OFF of it? Like keep them? On a computer? Disc? Cloud? Something?

Or is this wishful thinking?

I tried to search to see if anyone had answered this question, but honestly, y'all are too smart for me. So, feel free to direct me to another conversation.

Thanks in advance for any replies! :)
  2. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    It's wishful thinking.
  3. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Not even via the analog hole?
  4. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    The only way to get recordings off the box is to play them and record the audio/video outputs. There are numerous devices on the market that can do that. You can't transfer them directly from disk.
  5. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Ziphead

Aug 2, 2003
    The correct answer is yes. However, it's not a designed behavior, so you have to do some hacking. The "analog hole" is probably easier...